R9 270 Overvolting possible ?

WestcoastPCBuilder

Hey guys,

I have the Asus R9 270 with a nice OC on it with stock voltages. I would like to push it a bit further cause that's part of the fun !

I scoured the internet the other day and couldn't find to much regarding this GPU.

Some people say that over-volting can't be done. Might come down to the particular card. I also tried changing MSI Afterburner in the registry and txt editing but that didn't work. Also tried Sapphire Trixx and Asus Tweak OC software and those have the volt option inactive. Grabbed the MSI Afterburner Beta as well, tried old revisions.

HardOCP did a review where they said they were able to get +100mv along with the +20% power limit.

No biggie, just thought i'd inquire.

i3-4170, H81 board, 8GB DDR3, Crucial M4, GTX 770, Xigmatek Vangaurd Case, Creative Titanium X-fi, Razer Carcharias, 500w PSU, 24" VA panel and a 42" IPS. Thinking about getting a plant.

Hey guys,

I have the Asus R9 270 with a nice OC on it with stock voltages. I would like to push it a bit further cause that's part of the fun !

I scoured the internet the other day and couldn't find to much regarding this GPU.

Some people say that over-volting can't be done. Might come down to the particular card. I also tried changing MSI Afterburner in the registry and txt editing but that didn't work. Also tried Sapphire Trixx and Asus Tweak OC software and those have the volt option inactive. Grabbed the MSI Afterburner Beta as well, tried old revisions.

HardOCP did a review where they said they were able to get +100mv along with the +20% power limit.

No biggie, just thought i'd inquire.

how in hells name did you overlcock your 270?!

i have a 270x 4gb from sapphire that is "made" for overclocking but i have no idea what program to use

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

Right on. Got my bios saved. Now lets hope I don't brink this thing.

how in hells name did you overlcock your 270?!

i have a 270x 4gb from sapphire that is "made" for overclocking but i have no idea what program to use

MSI afterburner is the most popular. Works with all cards.

http://gaming.msi.com/features/afterburner

i3-4170, H81 board, 8GB DDR3, Crucial M4, GTX 770, Xigmatek Vangaurd Case, Creative Titanium X-fi, Razer Carcharias, 500w PSU, 24" VA panel and a 42" IPS. Thinking about getting a plant.

Quick Update ...

I downloaded an older version of Asus GPU Tweak and it allows me to adjust the voltage. Albeit, only from 1.215v up to 1.245v.