In search of a USB cable...

flibberdipper

Alright, I'm in a bit of a pickle on this one. For my second setup, I will eventually have a Steelseries Apex [RAW] (already have that, actually, since it literally just came off my desk to be replaced by a STRAFE) and a Steelseries mouse that matches it.

I need some kind of USB cable that has two ports for me to plug the duo into so that it only takes up one port on my mobo.

Now, really the cable should be simple. Two ports to plug the mouse and keyboard into, and then one to plug it into the mobo. It doesn't have to really be all that long (like one foot should be plenty), but it does have to be black.

So, while I play GTA IV and veg out for a bit because of school, I would greatly appreciate it if some of you kind folks could find a cheaper cable that will fit the bill. :)

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

So... You're looking for a 2 port USB hub? Two female inputs and one male output? 

Powered USB hub?

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Alright, I'm in a bit of a pickle on this one. For my second setup, I will eventually have a Steelseries Apex [RAW] (already have that, actually, since it literally just came off my desk to be replaced by a STRAFE) and a Steelseries mouse that matches it.

I need some kind of USB cable that has two ports for me to plug the duo into so that it only takes up one port on my mobo.

Now, really the cable should be simple. Two ports to plug the mouse and keyboard into, and then one to plug it into the mobo. It doesn't have to really be all that long (like one foot should be plenty), but it does have to be black.

So, while I play GTA IV and veg out for a bit because of school, I would greatly appreciate it if some of you kind folks could find a cheaper cable that will fit the bill. :)

Like this?

http://www.amazon.com/Zhanyun-Female-Splitter-Charger-Adapter/dp/B00VHW69NC/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1452206575&sr=8-5&keywords=usb+splitter

Also, follow your topics.

you can't split USB without some sort of digital processing. You will need a hub.

Also, follow your topics.

??

He's been on the forum longer than you've been alive. I think he knows how to post topics.

??

He's been on the forum longer than you've been alive. I think he knows how to post topics.

30531_RecipeImage_buffalo_roasted_turkey

Best Bench Runs & 24/7 Rig

Spoiler

Best Bench Runs

i5 4670k (XTU) - 4.7GHz Core / 4.5GHz Cache | GTX 980 (FireStrike Extreme) 1620MHz Core / 4000MHz Memory (GPUPI) 1721MHz | G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x4GB - 2200MHz CL10-11-11-24 1T

Spoiler

24/7 Rig & Clocks

i5 4670k 4.5GHz (Swiftech H320) | MSI Z87 MPower Max | ASUS GTX 980 1580MHz 4000MHz (NZXT Kraken X41) | 3x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | Corsair Air 540 | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | 120GB Kingston SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda

??

ROASTED

3ad14c7adbb7c54b1f39098482b0f353.png

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

the reviews say it doesn't work

??

well its still good to follow in case in a year some one has the same question, and you dont put what your final solution was...

well its still good to follow in case in a year some one has the same question, and you dont put what your final solution was...

no

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

I think someone who's been on the forum for 3 years and is on everyday knows to check his posts :)

Best Bench Runs & 24/7 Rig

Spoiler

Best Bench Runs

i5 4670k (XTU) - 4.7GHz Core / 4.5GHz Cache | GTX 980 (FireStrike Extreme) 1620MHz Core / 4000MHz Memory (GPUPI) 1721MHz | G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x4GB - 2200MHz CL10-11-11-24 1T

Spoiler

24/7 Rig & Clocks

i5 4670k 4.5GHz (Swiftech H320) | MSI Z87 MPower Max | ASUS GTX 980 1580MHz 4000MHz (NZXT Kraken X41) | 3x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | Corsair Air 540 | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | 120GB Kingston SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda

I think someone who's been on the forum for 3 years and is on everyday knows to check his posts :)

yes i know.

no

yes because what if the noob doesn't know how to quote them, but they want to know if what you bought actually worked, because half the posts you find about a problem end like this "ill get that and ill post when i get it..." or someone asked them if it worked and they said no, but the post that asks was like a year after...

So... You're looking for a 2 port USB hub? Two female inputs and one male output? 

Kinda? Like a tiny one with a cable kinda. Almost like an extension. But with two ports. :P

Powered USB hub?

Don't think it's needed.

Kind of. But like a block connector with just one lone cable going out.

Also, I always have recent topics open. So... I won't follow my stuff.

As cringe as that name is, I think that's pretty much it.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)