Laptop not charging

spyder

I have a Dell Latitude E5430 on the desk which has just been given to me. The laptop was completely dead for some time since it has been in storage. I had a dell charger on hand luckily, plugged it in, booted it up, the laptop was charging until it reached 19%. Now it says "Plugged in, not charging" - Any solutions? 

Does the battery hold a charge at all see how long it lasts with it saying it's at 19%.

It could be you might need to buy a new battery for it.

Does the battery hold a charge at all see how long it lasts with it saying it's at 19%.

It could be you might need to buy a new battery for it.

I think the battery is completely gone since I took the charger off, the percentage fell from 19, 18, 6, 5% within the space of 2 or 3 mins, 

I think the battery is completely gone since I took the charger off, the percentage fell from 19, 18, 6, 5% within the space of 2 or 3 mins, 

How long was it in storage? If you don't charge lithium ion battery's at least a few times a year they can die pretty quick. I doubt the charging circuit is broken so buying a new battery for it will probably fix the problem.

How long was it in storage? If you don't charge lithium ion battery's at least a few times a year they can die pretty quick. I doubt the charging circuit is broken so buying a new battery for it will probably fix the problem.

Just been told a year so the battery has gone to hell.

With hwmonitor you can check the wear of the battery. Take a look at that.

Lower percentage is better btw.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

With hwmonitor you can check the wear of the battery. Take a look at that.

Lower percentage is better btw.

thanks, it says wear level is 6% and the charge level is 4%

thanks, it says wear level is 6% and the charge level is 4%

How old is the notebook?

Oh and also post at what voltage the battery sits.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Not sure if it actually is the motherboard, but here is the board schematic if you want to measure stuff. http://puu.sh/mntge/15d3901a91.pdf

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler