Old Consoles Worth the Buy

GodSpoon

Which should run pretty well on a 4.6ghz G3258.

If you want to emulate, you can go for a Nintendo Wii. Easy to softmod and get emulators on.

And console I think are still worthy are the PS2 and GameCube too.

These three consoles I still often play.

Dolphin runs flawlessly, but I still like to play it on the OG console more :P

oh and as for handhelds: get a GameBoy Advance SP. Doesn't even matter if you get the AGS001 or AGS101 model. Both are amazing. It can also play all GameBoy, GB Color and obviously GBA games. But you could also get the GameBoy Player for the GameCube (which sadly has been rising in price over the year, I bought it just in time) which also plays all GameBoy games.

I did do that! It was fun, I had a 101 with a EZ-IV, although I ended up selling both together (technically against eBay coc) for $200

I just kept another EZ-IV for the DS

Another guy killing that small portable console market...

Because kicking a dead horse is still killing it 

The only profitable part of the portable console market now is cellphones and to a lesser extend the 3ds line

Seconding the Wii and PS2 project both systems are in high supply and can be picked up for cheap.

I have a Wii somewhere I softmodded and had an n64 emulator and such on, but I found it less entertaining I suppose 

I always loved handhelds 

And the PS2 is awesome, it was the first console I ever bought, I'm considering picking one up off eBay and trying to run cfw with backups like @EposVox mentioned

PS2, they have great games in my opinion, I picked up one second ahnd for 20 euro with like 10 games and 2 controllers and still  A LOT of fun

Yeah I was going to say PS1 or 2. (Often better to get the 2, as it can play PS1 games too!)

I picked a PS2 up for £30 off ebay, came with 10 games, and I bought all the games I remember playing as a child from the PS1 and 2 era!

Can confirm, still lots of fun!

Yeah I was going to say PS1 or 2. (Often better to get the 2, as it can play PS1 games too!)

I picked a PS2 up for £30 off ebay, came with 10 games, and I bought all the games I remember playing as a child from the PS1 and 2 era!

Can confirm, still lots of fun!

exactly this, it may be the nostalgia, but I like some games on PS2 like NFS and Rayman more than Far Cry 4 

And it`s so godamn cheap, it`s unbelieveable

to game or not to game, that`s the question

exactly this, it may be the nostalgia, but I like some games on PS2 like NFS and Rayman more than Far Cry 4 

And it`s so godamn cheap, it`s unbelieveable

Far Cry 4 was like...almost boring...

I remember playing crash bandicoot for hours upon hours when I was 10

Far Cry 4 was like...almost boring...

I remember playing crash bandicoot for hours upon hours when I was 10

yeah it sadly is pretty meh, but it does look fabulous.

When looking at NFS underground, it has just bad, really bad graphics

to game or not to game, that`s the question

I'll add to this, the ps2 and psp are both worth the buy. They are really cheap and have a massive collection of good games. I recently got the complete Burnout franchise for the ps2, which is my personal favorite racing series. I tried a lot of racing games on PC, not a single one I enjoyed as much as one of the Burnout games on ps2.

And I got a psp for 20 euro, seller said it was dead, but only the battery was dead, so it was an easy fix. Softmodded the psp and now I'm waiting for the microsd adapter to arrive. The psp uses Sony's proprietary SD cards which are really expensive nowadays (20 euro for 4GB is normal), adapters to microsd on the other hand are dirt cheap.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED