1440p graphics card

Nicholas15

980ti for 1440p is good.

GTX970/980 or Radeon R9 390/390X can do it but will have some settings recuced sometimes depending on the game...depends what games you play really.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Minimum I would go with is a GTX970 or a r9 280 (x) for 1440p.

Throw as much money as you can afford at the GPU is a pretty good rule of thumb.

When in doubt, re-format.

980ti for 1440p is good.

980/ R9 390/390X can do it but will have some settings recuced sometimes depending on the game...depends what games you play really.

980ti is a bit expensive still, what about for 1080p?

980ti is a bit expensive still, what about for 1080p?

1080p cards for me personally would be GTX 970 and R9 390

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

That i5 will limit you in some games.

make no fuss about it only super poorly coded games will give that CPU a hard time and you can count them on the fingers of one hand (fallout 4 and batman the arkham knight, everything else is perfectly fine)

What is your budget? Something like a 980 or 390/390x would suffice for 1440p.

roughly £1000

make no fuss about it only super poorly coded games will give that CPU a hard time and you can count them on the fingers of one hand (fallout 4 and batman the arkham knight, everything else is perfectly fine)

Cities Skylines too. And it's becoming more common for a i5 to limit the GPU, not less common. Just something to think about.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

*GT 740 4GB is a beast mode card for 1440p. http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=04G-P4-2744-KR

*Please don't, A GTX 970 or R9 390 is a good place to start for a 1440 card. It gets better the more you spend with the 980 Ti being the best.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Cities Skylines too. And it's becoming more common for a i5 to limit the GPU, not less common. Just something to think about.

cities skylines is not even multi-threaded it will max out one or two CPU cores and it will do it the same way regardless if the CPU has hyper-threading or not.

There are massive multi-threaded open worlds game where you will see a benefit from hyper-threading games such as the witcher 3 or gta 5 or watchdogs for example but an i5 will run those fairly well if you have a decent GPU anyways...especially if it's an NVIDIA gpu :P

That i5 will limit you in some games.

Nope, only shit coded games limit an i5. + that thing can be OC'ed.

cities skylines is not even multi-threaded it will max out one or two CPU cores and it will do it the same way regardless if the CPU has hyper-threading or not.

There are massive multi-threaded open worlds game where you will see a benefit from hyper-threading games such as the witcher 3 or gta 5 or watchdogs for example but an i5 will run those fairly well if you have a decent GPU anyways...especially if it's an NVIDIA gpu :P

What about this build then?

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/2XY4xr

Look again, Cities Skyline LOVES threads :lol:

Nope, only shit coded games limit an i5. + that thing can be OC'ed.

I love this argument. If it doesn't run on my set up, it's coded for shit. Everyone got so complacent ignoring system requirements they forgot about them. Look at the AAA games released in the past 6 months, how many say they require a i7? Then watch this.

What about this build then?

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/2XY4xr

you have none of the parts purchased yet and this is your max budget?

you don't need monitor OS or peripherals?

you have none of the parts purchased yet and this is your max budget?

you don't need monitor OS or peripherals?

I need OS but everything else I have

I need OS but everything else I have

i would do this instead:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£206.54 @ CCL Computers)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£24.98 @ Novatech)

Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty H97 Performance ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£79.99 @ Amazon UK)

Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Red 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  (£62.17 @ More Computers)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£49.98 @ Aria PC)

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 390 8GB Nitro Video Card  (£252.99 @ Ebuyer)

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M ATX Mid Tower Case  (£50.54 @ Aria PC)

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£67.98 @ CCL Computers)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit)  (£72.30 @ CCL Computers)

Total: £867.47

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-07 17:57 GMT+0000

Tbh you can get away with a 980

"Audiophilia... when you start to hear voices in your head."

Tbh you can get away with a 980

you can ''get away'' with even much less than that i drove my 1440p panel with a single GTX 780 for about a month and a half and i was able to play any game there is i even played through batman the arkham knight on this setup and it was running just fine and that says a lot.

Even a GTX 970 will do 1440p fairly well so long as you're willing to reduce some settings and use lesser Anti-aliasing which BTW is much less required for 1440p to look clean and sharp i've found that a 2x filter is more than enough and when FXAA is available this one give a crips and sharp result on a 1440p 27'' monitor i use FXAA whenever it's available where as before for 1080p i was required to use 4xMSAA or better otherwise it was either blury or jagged.

R9 390, GTX 970, GTX 780/780ti or r9 290/290X all those cards can do 1440p gaming at decent settings and framerates...GTX 980/980ti just allow for higher settings but in the end it won't change much IMHO games running on medum/high most of the time look pretty much as good as high/ultra IMHO.

You just need to learn how to tweak the settings for the games you play so that you can get the best visual fidelity without hurting the performance too much.

Look again, Cities Skyline LOVES threads :lol:

I love this argument. If it doesn't run on my set up, it's coded for shit. Everyone got so complacent ignoring system requirements they forgot about them. Look at the AAA games released in the past 6 months, how many say they require a i7? Then watch this.

Wow... If you actually re read my statement and used just a tiny bit of your brain you wouldnt have written this. Do games run better on i7's? YES! Do i5's run much worse than i7's In games? NO! Only unoptimized games where there Is a HUGE difference between them.

Wow... If you actually re read my statement and used just a tiny bit of your brain you wouldnt have written this. Do games run better on i7's? YES! Do i5's run much worse than i7's In games? NO! Only unoptimized games where there Is a HUGE difference between them.

Insults, I hope you can forgive me for not joining in that activity.

Guess what, unoptimized games happen, and they happen often. So you can let your rig pick the games you play, or have a rig that plays the games you want to play. Simple choice.

Crysis 3 too, though that is a super boringly coded game.