Asus Maximus Viii hero vs msi gaming m5? (z170)

Go to solution Solved by Darkseth,

Why hero? Just go down on the Ranger. Its not really worse, and has everything you might need.

Alternative to the M5: Z170A-G45 Gaming. specs are completely identical :o The g45 is also quite cheap, if MSI has the Cashback running in your country too, since it has a nice Diagnostic LED.

I personally chose the Ranger, and JUST because Asus has a Cashback running, which got me 30€ back for the Ranger.

If no Cashbacks, heres a solid Budget-Choice (which isnt really worse, and also good for OC.): Asrock Z170 Extreme4

Costs 137€ here, has very nice specs, like 6 USB 3.0 and 2  USB 3.1 on the io port (NO USB 2.0), Diagnostic LED.

Hey,

I am soon going to be building a pc, but I was wondering if I'd notice any difference between the Asus Maximus Viii hero vs msi gaming m5 (with a 6600k)

I think the Asus looks a bit nicer, but it's £30 that could be spent elsewhere if there is no performance/reliability differences.

Thanks!

EpicMollusc.

No a motherboard is a motherboard no matter what you do. It's just marketing that makes a difference and the features, it's all just a pissinf contest

"Audiophilia... when you start to hear voices in your head."

No a motherboard is a motherboard no matter what you do. It's just marketing that makes a difference and the features, it's all just a pissinf contest

Cheers , just skeptical, spending this much on a mobo I don't want to feel like I made the wrong choice. Thanks!

Why hero? Just go down on the Ranger. Its not really worse, and has everything you might need.

Alternative to the M5: Z170A-G45 Gaming. specs are completely identical :o The g45 is also quite cheap, if MSI has the Cashback running in your country too, since it has a nice Diagnostic LED.

I personally chose the Ranger, and JUST because Asus has a Cashback running, which got me 30€ back for the Ranger.

If no Cashbacks, heres a solid Budget-Choice (which isnt really worse, and also good for OC.): Asrock Z170 Extreme4

Costs 137€ here, has very nice specs, like 6 USB 3.0 and 2  USB 3.1 on the io port (NO USB 2.0), Diagnostic LED.