Ever notice that you look ugly in photo's but good looking by everyone else's standards?

LokiFire

I wanted to update my Facebook pic today, but just can't pull off any damn images with my Nokia Lumia 520. it's a low end model, and my face looks distorted out of shape lol.

So i reused a pic i had from when i had a Nokia N95 (same mega pixel but far superior camera) The N95 got the proper representation of how i look.

I'm sure more of you here know what i am talking about right?

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

Oh yes

It helps to have someone else take a picture of you honestly 

Those always turn out better than most selfies 

And when your with someone, generally (at least for me) you don't sit and stare intently at their face, picking out the things you like and dislike 

You just hang out with them 

I wanted to update my Facebook pic today, but just can't pull off any damn images with my Nokia Lumia 520. it's a low end model, and my face looks distorted out of shape lol.

So i reused a pic i had from when i had a Nokia N95 (same mega pixel but far superior camera) The N95 got the proper representation of how i look.

Nope, I think I look ugly in photos and in irl 24/7. Why I spend so much time in an imagination world I've created where i'm a dragon.

I for one, look better when I don`t know that I`m being photographed, I make weird faces when noticing apparently

yeah.. I know :P

to game or not to game, that`s the question

This is me with the N95... 

I look NOTHING like this with the new phone lol, my face looks round and flat... it's a really odd thing.

10304640_395013077318618_240705181703680

It's because they are lieing to you - likely out of some sense of 'trying to be nice'.

I hate people.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

It's because they are lieing to you - likely out of some sense of 'trying to be nice'.

I hate people.

K Den.

I hate people.

Because they try to be nice?

Believe me people would tell if i'm ugly lol

I'm pretty sure I look like a dump truck in photos and reality. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Believe me people would tell if i'm ugly lol

Would you feel better if I said you look 24, not 26, cos you do.

Its not much,... but take what you can get :)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Would you feel better if I said you look 24, not 26, cos you do.

Its not much,... but take what you can get :)

Yeah i have a kind of baby face :)

It's due to seeing ourselves in a mirror the majority of the times we look at ourselves. In a photo, the image is flipped along the vertical axis.

We're used to seeing ourselves the other way around. Seeing ourselves how others see us is odd.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

You are ugly.

Victory-Baby-Meme-Yes-08.jpg

BTW i never thought i was good looking, i know the difference between ugly and not bad though :P

Selfie cameras usually have extremely small sensors with terrible field of view and bad white balance. Of course any picture you take with one of those is going to look like garbage. But bear in mind it's impossible for a picture to make you look like you'd see yourself in a mirror - even with hdr you can't get around the fact that your eyes see in 3 dimensions whereas a camera can only see 2.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

It's because the camera takes a flip side of how you look at yourself in the mirror.  You've only seen yourself in the mirror all your life, but cameras take vertically flipped so people always feel that they look odd and weird.  I just flip my pics and I'm back to looking how I think I look :)

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

That's not the reason.

Your brain thinks you look ugly in photos because you always see yourself in the mirror, which is a flipped image. Cameras take non-flipped images so your brain thinks something is completely off.

It's because the camera takes a flip side of how you look at yourself in the mirror.  You've only seen yourself in the mirror all your life, but cameras take vertically flipped so people always feel that they look odd and weird.  I just flip my pics and I'm back to looking how I think I look  :)

damn sniped, mirror is actually backwards, camera is the correct one hehe.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

It's because the camera takes a flip side of how you look at yourself in the mirror.  You've only seen yourself in the mirror all your life, but cameras take vertically flipped so people always feel that they look odd and weird.  I just flip my pics and I'm back to looking how I think I look :)

Ehhhh LOL Take a look at my spoilered image, i'm not asking you to judge my looks, i am saying my old phone camera got my face far more correct than my new one does.

My new one, i don't even look the same, i mean completely alien to that image.

IMO I look fugly in photos, in mirror and IRL. People who say otherwise just try to make me feel better, they are not fooling anyone, though.

I don't get photographed by other people much. I'm a camera shy person in-front of other peoples' cameras and CCTV cameras, but behind a camera it's another story...

When it comes to selfies, I never use phone cameras anymore. Now it's just set up camera on a tripod -> set self-timer (got no remote) -> walk in the front -> get a mugshot -> repeat if necessary (try out different focal length, exposure is off, image is out of focus, stupid face pose...), -> done.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Nope , i look ugly in all pictures , notable example being this christmas' pictures.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Perhaps i should just buy a DSLR, i just think the Lumia 520 is a very inaccurate sensor or the lense is maybe bent out of shape.

I'm 180 pounds in the pic i spoilered LOL, so if i was to look fat it was then, but i'm not fat, i'm just a lean build with some muscle mass.

My Lumia is hard to explain, my top and bottom of my actual head is slightly squashed downwards in the final image, lighting is way off the actual scene.