Need a downdraft CPU cooler with removable fan

Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,

Where are you shopping/located?

My original plan was the Cryorig C7, but it just doesn't have the surface area or fan speed to accomadate a 125W TDP. Plus it seems Cryorig fans are non-removable, so no dice. :/

The fan is removable but has a custom frame. 

Hi there, I have this plan to spruce up my rather dull looking case with red UV lights/fans and just generally give a cool red glow to the whole system. I want to find a CPU cooler with a top down or "downdraft" design so that you can see the fan spinning while the PC is lit up and running. There are a few other restrictions however;

1. The cooler must perform at the same level as an AMD stock cooler or better.

2. I won't be overclocking. So don't worry about outperforming the stock cooler too much,

3. $80 to $100 maximum, but I watch Scrapyard Wars so the cheapo option is always welcome.

4. The fan MUST be removable as I intend to paint it with red plastidip + metalizer for a little sparkle (without doing something as stupid as gluing glitter to my heatsink).

That's pretty much it. In case you were wondering, the case is an AZZA Cosmas 208S, a very meh case in every sense of the word, but for $20 I can't really complain and the CPU is an 8320.

All suggestions are welcome, so gimme dat input interweb!

noctua has some good ones

and they are less than $100

btw, dont paint a fan

its bad

if you want colour then buy a fan of that colour

if you MUST paint a fan you should use something extremely light like plastic dye or airbrush

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Noctua also came out with their Chromax line so check that out too for non-vomit fans.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

This is the thought I had, although the idea of dyeing the Noctuas is appealing, I'd feel a lot better spraying a crappy Sickleflow than an NH 140.

My original plan was the Cryorig C7, but it just doesn't have the surface area or fan speed to accomadate a 125W TDP. Plus it seems Cryorig fans are non-removable, so no dice. :/

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I'm in the USA, mostly looking at Amazon and Newegg.

Thanks for the info on the C7. I assumed when I saw the proprietary mount that it was non-removable. I may just ditch the downdraft design in favor of a H7 tower cooler. If I REALLY need the fan colored I'll test a thin coat on the stock AMD heatsink and see how it goes. However with good red lighting the white fan of the H7 should look pretty decent.

Thanks everyone, I will post an update in another thread once it is all complete.