Microsoft shows off just how much data it’s collecting from Windows 10 users

Section35

snip

I love you Goodbytes. You will forever live in my heart.

No homo.

But really full homo tho

Colossal failure? No. Failure Yes. Blackberry is a colossal failure.

I never said that Windows Phone is a good choice, and I have never recommended one to anyone. I only said that I am interesting in getting one. That because I have it for free, I don't care about the apps, I know myself what I care and don't care about, I have done extensive research, and I know that the downsides of the device doesn't affect me. Beyond that, I will not recommend the Windows Phone, not unless the OS is more polished, and the app problem is solved. If current trend continues by developer, which you cannot deny has a growing interest (keep in mind that despite the name, and what you think, Universal Apps aren't universal out of the window. The dev needs to actually make a mobile version of the app. For instance, the latest version of Netflix, is only available on PC, not on mobile, despite being a Universal App). There might be a chance of having the core apps by the time the "Surface Phone" comes out, but even then. Everyone has its own "core apps", so definitely a big disclaimer.

And I also don't like how you put my name, thinking you know me, when you clearly don't.

Otherwise, I would have hit the Like button on your post.

As mentioned it is all about getting the Store rolling, with movie rental/purchase, Music purchase, subscription service, and, well, apps.

Sorry if I offended you by mentioning your name, but doesn't the fact that you disagreeing with it being a colossal failure kind of prove my point?

Windows Phone is not that far from being as irrelevant as BlackBerry OS. There is like a 2% marketshare difference. 2% market share is pretty big so don't get me wrong, but compared to the competitors it might as well be a rounding error. Some statistics even shows it at 1.7% marketshare, which makes the difference between BlackBerry OS and WP even smaller.

I know marketshare isn't everything, but the reason why for example Apple can be so successful despite "only" having ~13% of the marketshare is because they only sell high end products. Android and WP are both in the high and low end market so each percentage point is worth less in terms of revenue.

Anyway it's semantics and I am surprised that you said that WP is a failure. Maybe I don't know you as well as I thought.

I've edited my post. Again, I'm sorry.

There's really no point in upgrading to Windows 10 from my point of view as there's not enough DX12 titles that catches my eye.

Sorry if I offended you by mentioning your name, but doesn't the fact that you disagreeing with it being a colossal failure kind of prove my point?

Windows Phone is not that far from being as irrelevant as BlackBerry OS. There is like a 2% marketshare difference. 2% market share is pretty big so don't get me wrong, but compared to the competitors it might as well be a rounding error. Some statistics even shows it at 1.7% marketshare, which makes the difference between BlackBerry OS and WP even smaller.

I know marketshare isn't everything, but the reason why for example Apple can be so successful despite "only" having ~13% of the marketshare is because they only sell high end products. Android and WP are both in the high and low end market so each percentage point is worth less in terms of revenue.

Anyway it's semantics and I am surprised that you said that WP is a failure. Maybe I don't know you as well as I thought.

I've edited my post. Again, I'm sorry.

In the U.K Windows phone has 8.2%, 7.2% in Germany, 10% in France, 10.8% in Russia, 6.5% in Australia, and 12% in India.

Doesn't mean that Windows Phone has trouble in North America, that it a "colossal failure".

Check your data before talking. let alone associated my name with false claims.

In the U.K Windows phone has 8.2%, 7.2% in Germany, 10% in France, 10.8% in Russia, 6.5% in Australia, and 12% in India.

Doesn't mean that Windows Phone has trouble in North America, that it a "colossal failure".

Check your data before talking. let alone associated my name with false claims.

It's not just North America it has troubles in. It has troubles when you look across the world. Even in the areas you mentioned, which is the ones where WP is doing best, it is still very low compared to the competitors. If you look at the market as a whole, not just cherry pick a few markets, then it is doing very poorly. somewhere between 1 and 3 percent marketshare.

I don't think anything in my post could be considered "false claims". I even posted one of the several sources which will back me up on Windows Phone's marketshare. If you are referring to my statement that WP is a "colossal failure" as a "false claim" then no that's not false. There is no numerical definition of what is a "failure" and " colossal failure" so it's just semantics. I think a 1.7% marketshare is a colossal failure and you don't. Neither of us are right or wrong because it is up for interpretation.

It's not just North America it has troubles in. It has troubles when you look across the world. Even in the areas you mentioned, which is the ones where which WP is doing best, it is still very low compared to the competitors. If you look at the market as a whole, not just cherry pick a few markets, then it is doing very poorly. somewhere between 1 and 3 percent marketshare.

I think you should get a dictionary for the English language, because you are using words and expression wrong.

Regardless of the fact, I have proven to you that isn't a "Colossal Failure" as you claim to be.

I think you should get a dictionary for the English language, because you are using words and expression wrong.

I think you should look up the definition of a dictionary, because if you did you'd see that they tell you what words mean, not how to form grammatically accurate sentences.

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

I think you should look up the definition of a dictionary, because if you did you'd see that they tell you what words mean, not how to form grammatically accurate sentences.

Apparently, my grammar is fine on the sentences you just quoted.

How many languages do you speak?