Verizon won't hook up my Unlocked Nexus 9?

DimitriBrut

So I picked up an unlocked Nexus 9 on the recommendation of a few of the fine folks on this forum. I absolutely love the tablet, but I brought it in to Verizon a few weeks ago and they told me it could not be added to my plan, because Verizon has a proprietary antenna. I sort of feel like the two old folks at the small Verizon shop weren't super tech savvy, but if this is the case I will be leaving Verizon for sure. I'm in Southern Cali if that helps any. Were they wrong? Should I try one of the larger corporate stores? If Verizon ends up giving me the shaft, I'll have to go with AT&T probably. The only other two options being Sprint and T-Mobile. Has anyone else had this issue? Is there something I can do to resolve it? I do like Verizon's service... But I won't be selling my Nexus 9 and going with something else I don't want to stay with them.

All suggestions welcome folks! Thanks in advance.

Verizon is a CDMA provider. Although LTE is GSM any thing below 4G operates on their CDMA network. Unlocked phones tend to only work on GSM providers, for instance T Mobile and ATT. Maybe once they get Voice of LTE working good will they allow you to bring unlocked devices on their network. To my knowledge none of the Nexus phones were Verizon or even Sprint compatible. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Should work once you update to Marshmallow http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-9/help/nexus-9-verizon-t2982100/page28 I would borrow a sim and try it out first

Thanks guys. I didn't really read about the update, but I did install it. I'll head to a different one in the morning.

Verizon is a CDMA provider. Although LTE is GSM any thing below 4G operates on their CDMA network. Unlocked phones tend to only work on GSM providers, for instance T Mobile and ATT. Maybe once they get Voice of LTE working good will they allow you to bring unlocked devices on their network. To my knowledge none of the Nexus phones were Verizon or even Sprint compatible. 

That's sort of a bummer. I feel like they'd get much more business (not that they really need it) if they were more open like AT&T. I hate having my options limited by the carrier.

Should work once you update to Marshmallow http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-9/help/nexus-9-verizon-t2982100/page28 I would borrow a sim and try it out first

Took it in to a different store with no luck... Sigh...

Took it in to a different store with no luck... Sigh...

borrow a sim and show them

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Not super tech savvy in the mobile department. Borrow a Sim from where? My phone? Where do I go from there?

Take the sim card out of your phone put it in your tablet

if it works your golden

if it doesnt dont bother

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.