Homefront The Revolution release date leaked (maybe)

shermantanker

MN-WcqkZ_ULo.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

If you want to keep a secret these days, you're best off working by yourself in a soundproof booth just south of Pluto. Target may have leaked the release date for Homefront: The Revolution on a reservation card discovered by GameWatcher: May 17, 2016.

I say 'may' not just as a weak release date pun but because this is the internet and I don't know nearly enough about photo forensics to tell you if it's doctored or not. Phil and I bounced the CSI-enhanced image back and forth for a bit and confirmed nothing but our own ignorance.

Super looking forward to this game. I love Crytek's games, and I just hope that not much was lost with the roller coaster the game has been through. For those not familiar with the situation Crytek bought the Homefront brand from THQ during thier bankruptcy, and then sold the IP and development team to Deep Silver last year due to financial issues of their own. The game was original scheduled for a late 2015 release, but was delayed to 2016 due to the sale.

The game is set a few years after the original Homefront, and is a Farcry'ish open world game this go around from the looks of it. Here is the last bit of gameplay we have from from Crytek.

Source: PC Gamer

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

As someone who works retail I can tell you these cards are wrong 75% of the time. They are likely the original launch dates but almost always get pushed back from the first batch.

As someone who works retail I can tell you these cards are wrong 75% of the time. They are likely the original launch dates but almost always get pushed back from the first batch.

I hope not. I remember when I was at staples we leaked the nexus tab 2 a week before announcement lol.

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

Hopefully it won't be as bad as the original.

Same. I hope the new developers really make this game awesome!

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

I loved the original Homefront, despite what many say about it.

Unfortunately, I think the game will loose a lot of it's charm being made by a developer like Crytek or Deep Silver.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

the first homefronts multilayer was good imo, the maps were nice and i also thought the sniper combat was actually good and didn't feel cheap, lets hope they dont fuck it up

The original was pretty good imo. Campaign was a bit linear, but that;s not necessarily a bad thing, and it was quite good/enjoyable imo. Plus the multiplayer was fantastic.

COMIC SANS

I never touched the multiplayer of the original, but I loved the singleplayer. However short it was...

The original was pretty good imo. Campaign was a bit linear, but that;s not necessarily a bad thing, and it was quite good/enjoyable imo. Plus the multiplayer was fantastic.

I never touched the multiplayer of the original, but I loved the singleplayer. However short it was...

The gameplay was fairly enjoyable it's just that it felt lacking and unpolished + it crashed frequently. It was one of those games that didn't live up to the hype.

The gameplay was fairly enjoyable it's just that it felt lacking and unpolished + it crashed frequently. It was one of those games that didn't live up to the hype.

Hm. Only issue I had was the teammates blocking every single doorway. No crashes and such. Odd.