[Mini News] Rise of Tomb Raider out on 28th January

blu4

Can't wait for this wanted this for xmas then saw it was sh1tbox only... GRRRR

DISPLAYS: LG 27UL500 IPS 4k60hz + HDR and LG 27GL650F IPS 1080p 144hz + HDR

LAPTOP: Lenovo Legion 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H GPU: RTX 3070 8GB RAM: 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB DDR4) STORAGE: 1TB Crucial P5 NVMe SSD + 2TB Samsung 970 evo plus NVMe SSD DISPLAY: 1080p 165hz IPS OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

Can't wait for this wanted this for xmas then saw it was sh1tbox only... GRRRR

What is a sh1tbox?

I am done with Tomb Raider most likely, the exclusive thing killed it for me, and they can't really win me back even though they get released at the same time. Shit move.

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

Oh I was in my luck for coming to this forum. FUCK YEAH !

Stop bloating nonsense, and reason to contribute in a constructive manner.

I wouldve gotten It for my PC If It wouldve been released earlier, now they've lost a sale...

yay for pc

sh1t for shitty port

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

yay for pc

sh1t for shitty port

I figured you were blasé most of the time. :P

not sure why people are getting their panties in a twist about this, not like they're getting it at the end of the year like the ps4.

I am done with Tomb Raider most likely, the exclusive thing killed it for me, and they can't really win me back even though they get released at the same time. Shit move.

Does it really matter if you get to play it anyway?  You have NOTHING to lose, literally 0.

yay for pc

sh1t for shitty port

First one ran pretty damn fkin well.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Just posted on steam. Rise of the Tomb Raider will no longer be an XBONE exclusive on the 28th of January. Do not pre-order.

Timely exclusive.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

I wouldve gotten It for my PC If It wouldve been released earlier, now they've lost a sale...

You wouldn't have bought it anyways, lets be honest here.

I figured you were blasé most of the time. :P

idk. I don't want a last minute port. that is just a bad idea

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

What it sounds like is the game was already developped for all platforms and Microsoft just held back release. Sort of like GTA IV's DLCs. They were later released with similar performance on all platforms. (even on PC which was still bad)

You wouldn't have bought it anyways, lets be honest here.

Yes, I actually would have, around the time It was coming out I was pretty excited for It and was planning on getting It at launch, but I discovered It wasnt on PC yet. Then I got Battlefront and now Im not Interested In It. Dont know why you would claim otherwise, Id say your statement Is pretty dumb...

It's extremely likely that Square Enix knew ages ago that this game would be getting a delayed launch on PC. It's probably been in development for a long time. It may have been more or less done for a long time, and only held back because of the financial incentive.

Nixxes is responsible for the port of Rise of the Tomb Raider, and they've got a great track record. Their past work includes Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Thief, Tomb Raider, and Hitman: Absolution. I'm pretty optimistic, though obviously still waiting for release.

I think the message this sends to Square Enix is that you're simply one fewer person who wants Tomb Raider games. On the other hand, the better it does on PC, the harder it is going to be to justify their next exclusivity deal. Xbox sales have been pretty bad. If it's the PC launch that makes this game a success, that sends a clearer message about how to do business in the future.

Assuming it's a good game and launches in a state where it deserves to succeed on PC, obviously.

Yes, I actually would have, around the time It was coming out I was pretty excited for It and was planning on getting It at launch, but I discovered It wasnt on PC yet. Then I got Battlefront and now Im not Interested In It. Dont know why you would claim otherwise, Id say your statement Is pretty dumb...

So why does a few months make you not want to play it? It's the same game as before.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

So why does a few months make you not want to play it? It's the same game as before.

Hype faded I guess... A few months ago I had nothing to play and the only game I even remotely wanted to get was Tomb Raider, I was about to get It but then I discovered It was a timed exclusive for the Xbox One so I decided to get Battlefront Instead and get Tomb Raider later... Now I just dont feel like getting It. Remember the only reason I wanted It In the first place was beacuse I had nothing to play.

Hype faded I guess... A few months ago I had nothing to play and the only game I even remotely wanted to get was Tomb Raider, I was about to get It but then I discovered It was a timed exclusive for the Xbox One so I decided to get Battlefront Instead and get Tomb Raider later... Now I just dont feel like getting It. Remember the only reason I wanted It In the first place was beacuse I had nothing to play.

Well it still looks good. And knowing tomb raider, it'll drop to like $5. If I were you, I'd pick it up then. That's what I'm going to do.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Well it still looks good. And knowing tomb raider, it'll drop to like $5. If I were you, I'd pick it up then. That's what I'm going to do.

If I see It for like 10$ I'll pick It up (maybe) but the hype just faded after the long wait... Thats why Im saying making It a timed exclusive made them lose a sale.

So hasn't this game been out for months now? What the fuck is this shit then...

kGpJSnUl.jpg

Pre-order bonusses? Season Passes? Why, the game is already been developped and released. Why do we have to show consumer confidence in the product, and why are parts being sliced from an already finished product.

This is horseshit...don't pre-order it people please.