In need of help!

Steve94

Hello everyone!

It's my first time posting here! I trust this forum more than i trust google or other sources of information mainly because of the YouTube channel Linus has.

To cut it straight. I've got a huge question.

What power supply do you guys think i should get? I'm building my first gaming rig! it was a childhood dream for me and now that i'm employed i started to put money aside for some months and i've come up with these parts! 

Motherboard: Gigabyte H97-HD3

CPU: Intel Core i5 - 4690k

GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb (2x8gb), DDR3, 1600mhz

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master 212 Evo

HDD: Western Digital Blue, 1TB

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24F1MT

Monitor: Benq LED GW2270H

Case: Deepcool Tesseract SW

This is as much as my buget goes. I'm planning on overclocking in the future, somewhere around 4.3ghz for the CPU. 

With all this info, the real question is: Will a Corsair CX600M be enough? Or should i get the CX750M? I'm opting for these power supplies because that's how much my budget will go, and i don't want to go wrong with the PSU.

I should mention that i'll be using this rig mostly for gaming and possible in-game recording and video editing (although i'm not sure about this because i'm lazy, LOL)

Please help!  

If you put it all in pcpartpicker it will tell you the estimated wattage that its going to use.

Motherboard: Gigabyte H97-HD3

CPU: Intel Core i5 - 4690k

GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb (2x8gb), DDR3, 1600mhz

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master 212 Evo

HDD: Western Digital Blue, 1TB

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24F1MT

Monitor: Benq LED GW2270H

Case: Deepcool Tesseract SW

A Corsair CX-series would not be recommended for that system. Can anything in yellow in my signature fit in your budget?

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

A cx600 will technically be enough for that build, but it isnt built to the standards that most other PSU's are (hence the lower price), and many people  refrain from using the CX series with higher end builds.

I have not had a problem with my cx750m over the 2 and a bit years I have had it, but a few on the forums have had horror stories of loosing parts to psu failures.

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

It looks like you can fit everything under a 550w-ish PSU. Although if you plan on expanding in the future, you can get something more powerful. EVGA's got some decent PSU's and they're pretty dang decent in terms of price too. 

Me: Computer Engineer. Geek. Nerd.

[Educational] Computer Architecture: Computer Memory Hierarchy

[Educational] Computer Architecture:  What is SSE/AVX? (SIMD)

many people  refrain from using the CX series with higher end builds.

You don't know the type of people I know.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

It looks like you can fit everything under a 550w-ish PSU. Although if you plan on expanding in the future, you can get something more powerful. EVGA's got some decent PSU's and they're pretty dang decent in terms of price too. 

Please try to recommend a specific model from EVGA. EVGA has some shit PSU' s too.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

What is your budget?

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-120g10650xr

I've heard is really good. It's fully modular and a good OEM (Seasonic). On top of that, it has black sleeved cables, which is nice compared to ketchup and mustard cables, so I recommend this one.

I thought I had some money... Oh wait... I spent it all ;(

Thanks alot for the help guys! 

I will take a much closer look at PSU's, for now the CX series will be out of the way, i'll try and get something better.

By the way, i'm from Romania, and some PC parts are not available here or they are kind of hard to find.

I've been searching on 3 different sites, and only one site has a EVGA PSU. 

The only PSU i found and was kind of good in terms of price is a Seasonic M12II Evo, 620W PSU

What do you guys think? is it good enough?

My budget is around 1100 US dollars, but as i mentioned, prices are different in Romania than in other countries. For the PSU, i'm willing to spend somewhere around 95$ - 100$. And the seasonic PSU i talked about earlier is somewhere around 105$. 

Is it a good choice?

You don't know the type of people I know.

Pretty sure I'm the perfect example of what not to do, considering my braided cable kit costs more than my PSU.

At least I will be warm if the PC catches fire...

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd