New Mobo or New Monitor

Hey, I bought an awful motherboard AsRock Z97 Killer and it doesn't fit in my case, anyway, i also have a 14 inch SyncMaster 740nw, and a PC that can run 4k. do i get the new monitor, a cheaper mobo and the monitor or the new motherboard . Also im trying to stick to the Black/Red theme on the motherboard :D

Thanks In Advance (Its a Z97 Maximus VII Ranger. or a BenQ RL2455HM)

Your mobo is fine...just replace the case. Replacing one z97 board with another z97 board is a little silly. Definitely go for a new monitor...

When in doubt, re-format.

Your mobo is fine...just replace the case. Replacing one z97 board with another z97 board is a little silly. Definitely go for a new monitor...

not really. its only being held with zip ties(also it has no sli compatibility)

Edited by CashMoneyBadMan

You can 4k without SLI? Get the monitor, else the gpu is wasted. If you ever wanted to sli, you'd be best getting at least one 4k anyway.  

If you make a post contradicting mine that doesn't directly address my claims, or cites 'facts' without evidence, I'm probably not going to bother responding to it, because you probably didn't bother reading my post properly, and because life is too short. It doesn't mean I don't have an answer for you. It means I'm not dignifying you with a response. 

not really. its only being held with zip ties(also it has no sli compatibility)

As i said, replace the case. Unless SLI is something you're actually gonna run, that motherboard is fine. What case do you currently have it in anyway?

I mean buy whatever you like, but going to a proper monitor will be much more satisfying than changing the logo of your boot screen...

Yea. I bought two 980Ti's, Bought a cheap mobo, its in the s340...

As i said, replace the case. Unless SLI is something you're actually gonna run, that motherboard is fine. What case do you currently have it in anyway?

I mean buy whatever you like, but going to a proper monitor will be much more satisfying than changing the logo of your boot screen...

You can 4k without SLI? Get the monitor, else the gpu is wasted. If you ever wanted to sli, you'd be best getting at least one 4k anyway.  

if you can afford to buy 2 980ti's, i don't see the problem with buying a new mobo AND monitor......

But if for some reason that is out of the question, get a new monitor for now, and use the second 980ti as a coaster because getting a new mobo will give you absolutely no benefit if you are using a crappy 14 inch monitor.

Yea. I bought two 980Ti's, Bought a cheap mobo, its in the s340...

Oh right you have the spare one already. No point getting a new board to sli 980Tis if you can't get a better monitor. I'd either get the monitor now and save for the new mobo to sli later, or get the monitor and sell the second 980Ti (maybe getting a new case).  

If you make a post contradicting mine that doesn't directly address my claims, or cites 'facts' without evidence, I'm probably not going to bother responding to it, because you probably didn't bother reading my post properly, and because life is too short. It doesn't mean I don't have an answer for you. It means I'm not dignifying you with a response. 

if you can afford to buy 2 980ti's, i don't see the problem with buying a new mobo AND monitor......

But if for some reason that is out of the question, get a new monitor for now, and use the second 980ti as a coaster because getting a new mobo will give you absolutely no benefit if you are using a crappy 14 inch

i saved up. i pay my moms rent my rent and i rent a car + college its hard saving up lol, anyway again its being held in by ZIP TIES! 

Oh right you have the spare one already. No point getting a new board to sli 980Tis if you can't get a better monitor. I'd either get the monitor now and save for the new mobo to sli later, or get the monitor and sell the second 980Ti (maybe getting a new case).  

also, living in the middle east sucks, i cant get a new case without paying 6 times the price of the original price...

How much did you pay for the mobo and do you want to sell it