Rise Of The Tomb Raider coming to Windows on January 28th, speculative min reqs and price added

Master Disaster

Yep, it's coming on 28th of January and is being ported by Nixxes.

SQUARE ENIX AND CRYSTAL DYNAMICS ANNOUNCE RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER RELEASE DATE FOR WINDOWS 10 AND STEAM

Award Winning and Critically Acclaimed Adventure Coming to PCs on January 28th

REDWOOD CITY (January 5, 2016) - Following Rise of the Tomb Raider’s highly successful release exclusively for Xbox One and Xbox 360, Square Enix® today announced that the game will be available for Windows 10 and Steam on January 28, 2016.

Bringing the game’s thrilling narrative and perilous environments to PC in stunning new detail, developers Crystal Dynamics® and Nixxes Software added numerous features, including Windows 10 support and 4K resolution. Rise of the Tomb Raider® was nominated for Best Action/Adventure for The Game Awards and follows the critically acclaimed, award-winning Tomb Raider®.

“The PC release of Rise of the Tomb Raider continues the positive momentum from our highly successful partnership and collaboration with Microsoft for the launch on Xbox One and Xbox 360,” said Scot Amos co-Head of Studio at Crystal Dynamics.

“PC players are a passionate, devoted audience and we know they’ll embrace the version created for their systems,” said Ron Rosenberg, co-Head of Studio at Crystal Dynamics.

After uncovering an ancient mystery, Lara must explore the most treacherous and remote regions of Siberia to find the secret of immortality before a ruthless organization known as Trinity. Lara must use her wits and survival skills, form new alliances, and ultimately embrace her destiny as the Tomb Raider. Experience high-octane action moments, conquer beautifully hostile environments, engage in brutal guerilla combat, and explore awe-inspiring deadly tombs in the evolution of survival action. In “Rise of the Tomb Raider,” Lara becomes more than a survivor as she embarks on her first Tomb Raiding expedition.

The PC version of Rise of the Tomb Raider will be available as a digital download via Steam®, the Windows Store, Amazon™, the Square Enix e-store and other major retailers – both in-store and online. Standard edition pricing is $59.99. The Digital Deluxe edition is $89.99 and includes a Season Pass to nearly all current and future DLC.

A Collector’s Edition, which includes the Digital Deluxe version of the game, a 12-inch Lara Croft® statue, replicas of Lara’s journal and jade necklace, and a steel case, will also be available from the Square Enix e-store for $149.99.

http://press.na.square-enix.com/releases/596

So Windows 10 support and 4K support are confirmed. The "highly successful launch on Xbox" line made me chuckle though.

UPDATE

The minimum requirements and price have apparently been leaked by a Russian supplier of the game, they are as follows but ARE NOT OFFICIAL YET.

PC Minimum Specifications:

Minimum OS: Windows 7 64bit

Processor: Intel Core i3-2100 or AMD equivalent

GPU: NVIDIA GTX 650 2GB or AMD HD7770 2GB

RAM: 6GB

HD Space: 25GB

DirectX: DirectX 11

Input: Mouse + Keyboard

£39.99, €49.99, $59.99

Awesome news, can't wait to play this finally. Nixxes also have a decent record of porting to Windows from console which bodes well for the quality.

3 weeks!!!

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Awesome! More $ out of my pocket. :P

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

I guess I might have to finish the first one now..

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Awesome! More $ out of my pocket. :P

My thoughts xD. I need to play it though, loved 2013

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Oh good, after Bioshock Infinite I should look into the 2013 reboot version before picking this up in steam sales

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

What other games has Nixxes ported?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

What other games has Nixxes ported?

https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nixxes_Software_BV

Pretty much any major PC release from Square Enix as of recent, like Hitman: Absolution, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and Thief. Oh, and the Tomb Raider reboot as well.

They're pretty good at what they do.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

what do they mean release for windows10, is it DX12 game, or is it DX11, then why not just say out on steam and windows...oh wait they mean the windows App store, houray...

and why isn't it DX12 compatible, isn't it the API of XBone??

what do they mean release for windows10, is it DX12 game, or is it DX11, then why not just say out on steam and windows...

X1 uses dx 11.x.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

what do they mean release for windows10, is it DX12 game, or is it DX11, then why not just say out on steam and windows...

Windows 10's the first platform to get DX12. It's not on Xbox One yet.

Whilst some of the features are present in the Xbox One API, its DirectX feature level is 11_X.

DAYTONA

what do they mean release for windows10, is it DX12 game, or is it DX11, then why not just say out on steam and windows...oh wait they mean the windows App store, houray...

I think they just mean Windows 10 is supported. They can't be dumb enough to release it on Windows 10 only can they?

Mind you that does fit with them pushing Windows 10 onto everybody by any means necessary.

Windows 10's the first platform to get DX12. It's not on Xbox One yet.

Whilst some of the features are present in the Xbox One API, its DirectX feature level is 11_X.

Its 11.1 specifically. 11.2 was only ever released on Windows and was superseded by DX12 within months of it releasing. I don't think there is a single application which makes use of 11.2 calls.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nixxes_Software_BV

Pretty much any major PC release from Square Enix as of recent, like Hitman: Absolution, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and Thief. Oh, and the Tomb Raider reboot as well.

They're pretty good at what they do.

they make Final Fantasy... they sort of know their shit by now after trying to please an impossibly demanding console crowd (as in: we want top of the line PC graphics, detailed and intricate story telling and captivating combat. but we sure as hell aint gonna pay more then 350 bucks for the machine it shall run on)

I think they just mean Windows 10 is supported. They can't be dumb enough to release it on Windows 10 only can they?

Mind you that does fit with them pushing Windows 10 onto everybody by any means necessary.

will minimum requirement says  win7, which means DX11, but still hoped that it would  also be DX12, because this DX12 is starting to look alot like a scam, with all the BS microsoft went on, we still have no DX12 games, the ones that are planning to use it, can be counted on the fingers of one hand, and they will probably suck.

this just feels like a Deja Vu, 5 years for devs to adopt DX11, 5 years riding the DX9 train

none of this would'v happened if microshit didnt fragment the install base, by taking DX hostage for the sales of their OS.

will minimum requirement says  win7, which means DX11, but still hoped that it would  also be DX12, because this DX12 is starting to look alot like a scam, with all the BS microsoft went on, we still have no DX12 games, the ones that are planning to use it, can be counted on the fingers of one hand, and they will probably suck.

this just feels like a Deja Vu, 5 years for devs to adopt DX11, 5 years riding the DX9 train

none of this would'v happened if microshit didnt fragment the install base, by taking DX hostage for the sales of their OS.

Those requirements are leaked and ergo are not official. They might be totally wrong yet :)

It's been rumored to be a DX12 title since it was announced but neither SE nor MS has made any kind of official announcement on whether or not that is true. If the "leaked" specs are true than it's either not a DX12 title or they decided to use both APIs so that they aren't limiting it to a single OS.

Its 11.1 specifically. 11.2 was only ever released on Windows and was superseded by DX12 within months of it releasing. I don't think there is a single application which makes use of 11.2 calls.

Yea, there was no way Square Enix would agree to that after making them limit their potential revenue by releasing on one console. Im surprised Insomniac agreed to that, but they've never made a PC game and they overestimated how much people would flock to buy their game because of their name.

Sounds really nice. Those xbone numbers must have been a disaster to move up the release date so much. Either way, Nixxes are amazing at pc ports, so I cannot wait for this.

DX12 will certainly be supported, but it's interesting if it's exclusive. I don't think so, ut would love to try it with DX12.

TressFX is at version 3 now. Not sure what version 3 brings to the table,but version 2 introduced the master/slave principle, where only master hairs would get full physics/compute rendering, and the slave hairs would follow the master hairs, thus significantly increasing performance. This is why we can see full tressfx support on Deus Ex Mankind Divided on both Adam Jensen and lots of NPC's at the same time, on PS4 at that!

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

I guess I might have to finish the first one now..

You really don't have to, stories don't link at all, well not hugely linked.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Sounds really nice. Those xbone numbers must have been a disaster to move up the release date so much. Either way, Nixxes are amazing at pc ports, so I cannot wait for this.

DX12 will certainly be supported, but it's interesting if it's exclusive. I don't think so, ut would love to try it with DX12.

TressFX is at version 3 now. Not sure what version 3 brings to the table,but version 2 introduced the master/slave principle, where only master hairs would get full physics/compute rendering, and the slave hairs would follow the master hairs, thus significantly increasing performance. This is why we can see full tressfx support on Deus Ex Mankind Divided on both Adam Jensen and lots of NPC's at the same time, on PS4 at that!

It sold over a million units. Not great, but not abysmal either. They didn't move up the release date. Prior to it appearing on Steam a couple weeks ago the official statement was "early 2016 for the PC and late 2016 for the PS4". Obviously, this month is the first month that they're allowed to release the PC version. Nixxes has likely been working on the PC version since they got handed the job of doing the 360 port. Given the relatively weak sales of the XB1 I'm sure SE had a good idea of what their numbers would look like long before release, which is why they're ready to get the PC version out the door as soon as their exclusivity contract allows it.

There's absolutely zero chance of this game supporting DX12.

For a start it's an Nvidia GW title and we all know about recent Nvidia DX12 news.

Next is the fact we already know AotS will be the first DX12 game released.

Finally I think SE would be making a much bigger deal out of this launch if it was DX12 as it would be the first one in the market.

they make Final Fantasy... they sort of know their shit by now after trying to please an impossibly demanding console crowd (as in: we want top of the line PC graphics, detailed and intricate story telling and captivating combat. but we sure as hell aint gonna pay more then 350 bucks for the machine it shall run on)

Note: Square Enix are the publisher, not the developer.

RotTR is developed by Crystal Dynamics.

DAYTONA

Well...I'll wait to see how well the port is before I even consider forgetting my animosity towards the developers. -_-

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Thank god it's Nixxes. I've been checking the Nixxes website for months waiting for confirmation that they had the port. They announced they were doing Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, and the Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox 360 port, but they never said anything about Rise on PC. I worried that Microsoft's influence may have changed things. My confidence is greatly increased.

Nixxes should make pretty much every port.

It sold over a million units. Not great, but not abysmal either. They didn't move up the release date. Prior to it appearing on Steam a couple weeks ago the official statement was "early 2016 for the PC and late 2016 for the PS4". Obviously, this month is the first month that they're allowed to release the PC version. Nixxes has likely been working on the PC version since they got handed the job of doing the 360 port. Given the relatively weak sales of the XB1 I'm sure SE had a good idea of what their numbers would look like long before release, which is why they're ready to get the PC version out the door as soon as their exclusivity contract allows it.

microsoft need to drop shit load of money at the devs to have exclusives now, XBone really didnt sell well at all, if that wasn't bad enough instead of going for VR, they choosed Hololens, and the last time i heard of hololens, was the closure of the studio working on it,  add kinect to that, this console is a freaking mess.

they should cut their loses and launch a new console with nintendoNX time frame.

I still think the game sale suffered a lot from Fallout 4 releasing at the same time. I honestly think Deus Ex Mankind Divided was postponed to August, because it would compete too much with Tomb Raider and Hitman, both releasing Q1.

There's absolutely zero chance of this game supporting DX12.

For a start it's an Nvidia GW title and we all know about recent Nvidia DX12 news.

Next is the fact we already know AotS will be the first DX12 game released.

Finally I think SE would be making a much bigger deal out of this launch if it was DX12 as it would be the first one in the market.

It's NOT a GameWorks title. It uses TressFX, which is the original hair simulation tech, that HairWorks is (badly) based on.

SE hasn't even officially published news about the PC version yet, so you cannot conclude that.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro