Rise Of The Tomb Raider coming to Windows on January 28th, speculative min reqs and price added

Master Disaster

That is the general mistake people seem to make: they confuse twimtbp with game works. The former is their game sponsor motto, very similar to AMD's gaming evolved motto. The latter is a graphical effects api consisting of several proprietary black boxed gaming effects, either based on physx (apex) or dx11 tessellation (at a performance crippling multiplier).

Rise of the tomb raider is not a gaming evolved title, but it's definitely not a gameworks title either. Like most gaming evolved title, this game is vendor agnostic, so it should run equally on both amd and nvidia.

It still uses tressfx, or rather pure hair, made in collaboration with amd (features on deus ex mankind divided too) as well as some other stuff. It might have nvidia collaborated effects too, but they are not gameworks.

Crystal dynamics and eidos Montreal don't use proprietary closed source effects, which is why they run so well on both graphics vendors, as they can collaborate on optimizing the code and thus performance with both amd and nvidia. That is impossible with gameworks due to the contracts and ways the code are accessed by the devs.

As for the voxel based ao, it's supposidly based on asynchronous compute, which should make it run far far better on amd cards.

good to be reminded of that...

because sometimes seeing the Nvidia logo on a game has become like a bad omen, even for Nvidia users.

So Windows 10 support and 4K support are confirmed.

shocker

:D

DX12 will certainly be supported

At launch or later?

rise-of-the-tomb-raider-geforce-gtx-bund

Oh, what's that I see in the bottom right corner? Might it be a TWIMTBP logo?

So how exactly are you guys gonna give me my free game?

There's even reports the game will use a brand new form of Ambient Occlusion (VXAO) which is Nvidia Maxwell specific.

http://wccftech.com/nvidias-vxao-to-be-featured-in-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-heres-what-we-know/

The difference between Gameworks and TWIMTBP has already been explained to you, but did you seriously bump up a thread that has been dead for 10 days solely to try and say "I told you so"? That's pretty damn pathetic.