4790k vs 6700k for everything?

by everything i mean streaming, rendering, recording, and such

i understand compatability with the 6700k is a major factor but will intel make a new board for the 6th gen processors also will ddr4 ram go out of style quick what advantages does it bring to the table over the 4790k?

If you have crazy moolah, the 6700K will be good for everything listed, better than the 4790K. DDR4 isn't going out of style any time soon.

Skylake has:

More IO

More PCI-E lanes

More efficient computing

Better render times

Better recording (eh?)

Better everything in general, it's just a more powerful CPU.

I used to be quite active here.

According to the guy at the computer shop down the road there's no difference at all except the skylake one will run significantly cooler.

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

A 5820K will do better than the 6700K in streaming, recording and rendering because it's a hexacore CPU. Gaming-wise, the 6700K will do better.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

The performance difference is really quite small, with 6700k coming out on top.

6700k has DDR4 support (doesn't currently make much difference but could in the future) and some other features like USB 3.1 and M.2 support. I believe it runs slightly cooler than the 4790k too.

It is however £50 more expensive, and DDR4 is also slightly more expensive.

Almost as cool as my temps  

According to the guy at the computer shop down the road there's no difference at all except the skylake one will run significantly cooler.

Find a new computer store. There is huge differences between them, but unless you're paying attention or are using them in fringe scenarios you probably won't notice. 

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1260?vs=1543