Fallout 4 performance is impacted by latest Windows 10 Update. A fix has been discovered.

AlTech

it appears that certain settings that Microsoft changed in the latest Windows 10 Update has negatively impacted Fallout 4's performance.

Don't panic anyone cos there's a fix!

Fallout-42-635x357.jpg

The Fallout 4 performance issues are apparently caused by the update reverting several settings to default, also moving the main documents folder from the local hard drive to the One Drive folder, which results in all Steam game files, saves and ini files going into this folder. To fix this issue, players can either disable One Drive and copy the files to the hard drive folder or make the One Drive folder the primary folder for game files.

This is the steps to follow:

• Press Win + R keyboard accelerator to open Run dialog box.Type RegEdit and hit Enter
  • Navigate to the following registry key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows
  • Right click on Windows and select New -> Key. Name the new key as OneDrive. If OneDrive key already exists, skip this step.
  • Right click on OneDrive registry key, and select New -> DWORD (32-bit) Value. Name the new value name as DisableFileSyncNGSC or just DisableFileSync because that worked for me.
  • Set the data for DisableFileSyncNGSC registry value as 1.
  • Restart Computer and make sure to copy your files back over and boom. You’re good to go.

The solution comes from redit user ryker002.

http://wccftech.com/fallout-4-performance-impacted-by-latest-win-10-update-workaround-discovered/

Leave a comment below!

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

IM TOTALLY PANICKING!

Mid-range Emulation Gaming and Video Rendering PC

[CPU] i7 4790k 4.7GHz & 1.233v Delidded w/ CLU & vice method [Cooling] Corsair H100i [Mobo] Asus Z97-A [GPU] MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk X[RAM] G.Skill TridentX 2400 9-11-11-30 CR1 [PSU] Corsair 750M 

I like how the news is that Fallout 4 performance is impacted, instead of "Microsoft just copied everything in your documents folder, without your permission".

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Windows 7 masterrace  :P

But seriously microsoft stop using your updates to change user settings nobody likes that

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Or Bethesda could release a game that works as intended across all common operating systems instead of fiddling with regedit, ini tweaking and hoping that modders do the patching / fixing. One can dream, right?

ES 6, please bethesda, new engine.

Pascal is not going to work well with the engine they have now.

I like how the news is that Fallout 4 performance is impacted, instead of "Microsoft just copied everything in your documents folder, without your permission".

I get that they want to promote OneDrive, but pushing it this way is almost worse than when Google tried to push Google+ via Youtube.

Is this a problem if you don't have an MS account linked with Windows?

Probably not.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Supposedly the reason that they still use Creation, which is based off of Gambryo, is because their games are so big and take so long to develop that the devs don't have time to learn a new engine.

I don't make sensationalist headlines or at least try not to. (Wait about 10 minutes and then you'll see the most clikbaity article in your life!)

Supposedly the reason that they still use Creation, which is based off of Gambryo, is because their games are so big and take so long to develop that the devs don't have time to learn a new engine.

I love bethesda, but please lord, don't care how long it takes, for the sake of yourselves, get a new engine. Creation is struggling.

Hello.
My rig;
CPU: i5 4690K @ 3.7GhzRAM: HyperX Fury 8GB vengeance @ 1600MhzGPU: MSI R9 270 2GB, MOBO: MSI Z-97 SLI, PSU: Corsair 750M semi-modular 

does this even improve performance? 

Apparently so

I love bethesda, but please lord, don't care how long it takes, for the sake of yourselves, get a new engine. Creation is struggling.

OR JUST USE UNREAL ENGINE 4!

Apparently so

i dunno. i don't see a whole lot of people actually trying this fix out 

OR JUST USE UNREAL ENGINE 4!

Unreal Engine 4, whilst a great engine, doesn't have the same static world design that Creation / Gamebryo is actually good at. Also, highly doubt bethesda will be going out of studio / licensing an engine, even if they do make a new engine (which I sadly also doubt, will probably just redo Gamebryo again).

Hello.
My rig;
CPU: i5 4690K @ 3.7GhzRAM: HyperX Fury 8GB vengeance @ 1600MhzGPU: MSI R9 270 2GB, MOBO: MSI Z-97 SLI, PSU: Corsair 750M semi-modular 

All your data are belong to us.

Don't worry though, shortly the Microsoft white knights will be by to tell you everything is just peachy.

All your data are belong to us.

Don't worry though, shortly the Microsoft white knights will be by to tell you everything is just peachy.

ALL IS WELL my dear Sergeant!

MS at it again, "fixing" stuff that needed no fix without even warning or asking anyone

and moving the user's Documents folder from user's machine to on-line storage ... what the fuck!

Yup sure as light of day, this is a load of horseshit if I've ever stepped in one

The engine they have now is not even a bad engine, it's not an engine

It's just Microsoft Paint in disguise

It's a good thing I disabled Windows 10 updates.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

MS at it again, "fixing" stuff that needed no fix without even warning or asking anyone

and moving the user's Documents folder from user's machine to on-line storage ... what the fuck!

All your privacy are belong to us too.

(probably should say "privacy"  not, you know, actual privacy...)

I dont hold any important data in my documents folder, i dont use one drive or ms account.