How should I carry my computer onto my car?

Drkrinklez

Im gonna go get something installed into my computer and i am going there today, I put my computer in the same cardboard box the case came in, should it be fine if i stick it in my trunk or should I keep it next to me. Also, how should I handel it while going up and down stairs? This is the dumbest post i've ever posted im just wondering really thats all. 

Im gonna go get something installed into my computer and i am going there today, I put my computer in the same cardboard box the case came in, should it be fine if i stick it in my trunk or should I keep it next to me. Also, how should I handel it while going up and down stairs? This is the dumbest post i've ever posted im just wondering really thats all. 

Just make sure you're carrying the box with the graphics card facing up and not down. You should be fine.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

With your hands.

(Sorry could not help myself)

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Just make sure you're carrying the box with the graphics card facing up and not down. You should be fine.

Okay, thank you. hopefully everything will be fine....

With your hands.

(Sorry could not help myself)

you fukn srrus m8 tht fukn qwuik u mak tht pun

you fukn srrus m8 tht fukn qwuik u mak tht pun

Settle down a bit, your title was an easy setup for the joke and I am in a funny mood atm  :P

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Settle down a bit, your title was an easy setup for the joke and I am in a funny mood atm  :P

My misspelling was playing along with you i was joking aswell i thought it was obvious  :D  lol 

Keep it on it's side the the GPU and CPU cooler don't do any flexing of the motherboard. Really only a problem with bigger cards and coolers, but good practice regardless.

Other than that just keep it from shifting around and bumping into things. If you can get a seat belt around it that should do.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

Keep it on it's side the the GPU and CPU cooler don't do any flexing of the motherboard. Really only a problem with bigger cards and coolers, but good practice regardless.

Other than that just keep it from shifting around and bumping into things. If you can get a seat belt around it that should do.

I wanted to put it in my trunk, is that a big no no? 

I have put it in my trunk but with an old ruined quilt keeping it cozy

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

As long as you have away to strap it down you should be fine.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

As long as you have away to strap it down you should be fine.

NO way to strap it down, it may move around quite a bit, should I just put it next to me then?

So long as it isn't sliding around it should be fine. I'd maybe rest it on something soft though. Bouncing is just as bad as sliding around and bumping.

If you've got some tie downs in your trunk and a blanket or two you can put underneath your should be good.

I like the backseat because you don't need to bring your own cushion.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

Dont go too crazy either, i only 14 my dads driving me to my uncles to install an ssd lmao

NO way to strap it down, it may move around quite a bit, should I just put it next to me then?

passenger seat or backseat using a seat belt always worked for me.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

it should be okay in the trunk, as long as it doesn't crash about while you're driving :P

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

it should be okay in the trunk, as long as it doesn't crash about while you're driving :P

Itll be moving around and we are gonna be stoping by frys electronics on the way, and i would be afraid to just leave it in the seats cus someone might just be a real fucking cunt and break into the mother fucker and seal that mutha fuckn computer i call mine 

Im gonna go get something installed into my computer and i am going there today, I put my computer in the same cardboard box the case came in, should it be fine if i stick it in my trunk or should I keep it next to me. Also, how should I handel it while going up and down stairs? This is the dumbest post i've ever posted im just wondering really thats all. stick it bvetwene the front and reer seat

stick it bvetwene the front and reer seat  so that it doesn't move

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Itll be moving around and we are gonna be stoping by frys electronics on the way, and i would be afraid to just leave it in the seats cus someone might just be a real fucking cunt and break into the mother fucker and seal that mutha fuckn computer i call mine 

you could tie it down I guess to the hinges of your trunk :P I'd leave it in the trunk for safety :D

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz