Why Microsoft Can't Keep $150 Xbox Controller In Stock

SansVarnic

They give you more of an edge when gaming with them versus a regular xbox one controller.

So now microsoft is making accessories Pay to Win? That's fucked up.

Have you seen the PC market at all? That was like when BF2 didnt allow widscreen resolutions initially as it would give an advantage...

It's an amazing controller, well worth 150, too bad I hardly turn on my xbone tho

What's the purpose of wasting money on this?

The same purpose that wasting $150 on a mechanical gaming keyboard has.

The biggest  BURNOUT  fanboy on this forum.

And probably the world.

I am confused at the fact that people who went for a cheap game device to spare money at the act of purchase would proceed to spend 150$ on a controller.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

The same purpose that wasting $150 on a mechanical gaming keyboard has.

While I don't think it's a good idea to spend more than 100$ on a keyboard, it's still much less ridiculous to spend 150$ on a peripheral when the machine itself wasn't little more than twice that money. When you spend 1000$ on a computer, 150$ for a keyboard are comparatively not that much, but when you spend 350$ on a console 150$ for a controller is crazy.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Lol why would people spend £120 for a controller, peasants are so dumb

Brb just gotta go spend £200 on my custom ducky keyboard and £50 for my mouse

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

haha the hypocrits are strong in this thread, complaining about expensive Controller and probably typing on a Keyboard that was priced higher than this ^^

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

I cannot understand how anyone would spend 150$ or even near that on a controller for an xbox, its not like you are getting a steering wheel or anything, its just a controller.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.5Ghz | Mobo: MSI X99A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 Quad Channel | GPU: GTX 970 @ 1579 Mhz | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | OS: Windows 10

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | PSU: Corsair TX750 | Display: Samsung SyncMaster 2233 & SyncMaster SA350 | Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 120M

Keyboard: Razer Lycosa | Mouse: Steelseries Kana | Sound: Steelseries Siberia V2

No because everyone used to have mechanical keyboards but they were all thrown out when the systems were replaced completely. Smart people kept them or dumpster dove for them.

Sorry but what?

I don't get why you'd spend £150ish on this controller when plenty of companies sell their own custom controllers that are just as good in quality for a much lower price.

Because the other controllers are not even near the Xbox Elite controller in quality the bumpers and pedals are out of metal, the back has rubber, it comes with a carry case, and the charging cable is even braided.

The closest thing to it are scuff controllers and they are worse in quality and cost even more.

Not to mention all the features it has like switchable thumb sticks, pedals, trigger switches, profile switch, wireless set up, and software.

RTX2070OC 

Sorry but what?

I think he's referring to the fact that many PC's from the 80's came with mech keyboards as standard - but they fell out of favour (mostly due to excessive clacking noise, and the relatively bulky size compared to Membranes).

Which... has... little to nothing to do with this thread :P

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I am confused at the fact that people who went for a cheap game device to spare money at the act of purchase would proceed to spend 150$ on a controller.

Most console players aren't trying to save money. It's a matter of convenience and ease of use. It's easier for someone who knows nothing about tech to buy and set up an xbox than it is a fucking gaming pc. My girlfriend would be a huge example. She absolutely LOVES playing on my pc. In fact, I cannot get her off of it sometimes. However, she and I would both prefer her xbox one when we are at her mom's because:

1. she's not good with pc's.

2. she doesn't have a desk. 

Frankly, I'd love this controller. Price is a little steep but considering this is the best they can get, I can see why people would pay that much. 

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Sorry but what?

Basically the original PC's shipped with mech boards. Later computers say around Win95 maybe a bit earlier started coming with various rubber dome keyboards along with heavy marketing. Most companies and people just threw these out because their new computers came with new keyboards. They assumed they were better because they were newer. Just imagining all those mech boards being recycled breaks my heart.

I actually have some WYSE keyboards from the early to mid 80's that I take their vintage Cherry MX Black switches from for newer keyboards I build.

I think he's referring to the fact that many PC's from the 80's came with mech keyboards as standard - but they fell out of favour (mostly due to excessive clacking noise, and the relatively bulky size compared to Membranes).

Which... has... little to nothing to do with this thread [emoji14]

It was more about people saying this was exactly like mechanical keyboards, it's really not. Since mech boards existed before rubber dome.

Also better controllers have been around for a long time. The big thing here is that the OEM of the console is the one making it and what it can all do. Oh and don't forget the price tag.

It was more about people saying this was exactly like mechanical keyboards, it's really not. Since mech boards existed before rubber dome.

Also better controllers have been around for a long time. The big thing here is that the OEM of the console is the one making it and what it can all do. Oh and don't forget the price tag.

It might be different in the origin sense of mech keyboards - but the origin of them is largely irrelevant now in today's peripherals market.

The modern day scenario is quite similar between mech keyboards (or high-end gaming mice) and these Elite controllers. Also, no one is claiming that this is the first ever high end controller. The company that is actually manufacturing them has been making high end controllers for some time now.

The situation is not exactly alike, but very damn similar.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

It might be different in the origin sense of mech keyboards - but the origin of them is largely irrelevant now in today's peripherals market.

The modern day scenario is quite similar between mech keyboards (or high-end gaming mice) and these Elite controllers. Also, no one is claiming that this is the first ever high end controller. The company that is actually manufacturing them has been making high end controllers for some time now.

The situation is not exactly alike, but very damn similar.

There is the other aspect where mechanical keyboards are used for certain professions. Enthusiasts picked them up as they are a better and more quality experience then this bled into pc gaming/building. This has happened with numerous products before. One slightly before the mechanical keyboard being the IPS monitor.

Realistically getting a nicer/objectively better controller is no different that getting a better or higher performance car. I'm actually surprised it's taken as long as it has to happen. In the past the only controller that I felt were actually better were the ones from razer but even those are relatively new and I wouldn't say to the same level. If the new one had button remapping I'd probably jump on it. I'm sorry but X should be reload in Halo!

There is the other aspect where mechanical keyboards are used for certain professions. Enthusiasts picked them up as they are a better and more quality experience then this bled into pc gaming/building. This has happened with numerous products before. One slightly before the mechanical keyboard being the IPS monitor.

Realistically getting a nicer/objectively better controller is no different that getting a better or higher performance car. I'm actually surprised it's taken as long as it has to happen. In the past the only controller that I felt were actually better were the ones from razer but even those are relatively new and I wouldn't say to the same level. If the new one had button remapping I'd probably jump on it. I'm sorry but X should be reload in Halo!

The XBox Elite controller has full remapping support I'm fairly sure - if not full, then nearly full. This is probably the single biggest advantage the Elite has over all the third party controllers.

I do hope that Microsoft will either completely open up the remapping app to third parties, or at least create a certification program, where controllers certified to meet a certain standard/compatibility level are then compatible with the remapping app.

The XBox Elite controller has full remapping support I'm fairly sure - if not full, then nearly full. This is probably the single biggest advantage the Elite has over all the third party controllers.

I do hope that Microsoft will either completely open up the remapping app to third parties, or at least create a certification program, where controllers certified to meet a certain standard/compatibility level are then compatible with the remapping app.

i imagine they would likely do such a thing once the euphoria of the controller has worn off.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

i imagine they would likely do such a thing once the euphoria of the controller has worn off.

You mean once the sales start dropping? ;) Remember, Microsoft still gets a cut from every third peripheral sold (Unless this has changed since the Xbox 360 days).

So once the hype of this dies down, and people start picking up the third party controllers, it's still in Microsoft's best interest to open up the Remapping app.

What's the purpose of wasting money on this?

ppl say consoles are made for "casual gamers", so now casual gamers want professional peripherals, wtf

ppl say consoles are made for "casual gamers", so now casual gamers want professional peripherals, wtf

Consoles are made for people who want a simple setup, not the often unnecessarily complex setup of a PC - While many will argue setting up a PC isn't very difficult (especially for a tech enthusiast), troubleshooting is a very real problem with PC gaming.

So, while some console users are what we would call "casual" gamers, those do not make up all of a console userbase. The same way that many PC gamers are actually "casual" gamers.

Seriously though, why do you care what peripherals they use? If they deem the superior build quality and usability of the XBox Elite Controller worth the extra money, then so be it.

Side note, having the XBox Elite Controller on PC would be fucking awesome. Many game genres simply play better on a controller, compared to KB+Mouse.

I agree there and yes I do remap my elite controller for halo I swap reload and sprint on the recon profile and it perfect. then I use the two whorter flaps on the front mounts for reload and grenade change.

If the new razer wildcat could remap button too id probably get it. since it seems like a X360 controller with X1 triggers

-snip-

Side note, having the XBox Elite Controller on PC would be fucking awesome. Many game genres simply play better on a controller, compared to KB+Mouse.

what do you think I mainly use it for?

I got one that I'm thinking of tossing up on ebay. Peordered when it got announced and when I got it I kinda don't have a use for it. If i'm using a gamepad I'm laid back on the sofa, if I give a crap about how good i'm doing i'm playing with a KB&M

Same reason people buy expensive mice and keyboards

But mechanical keyboards are a different level of good.

I can see why people want them though, something official from Microsoft instead of those knock off Scuf controllers. I personally would never buy a controller like that though, if anything I'd get a $25 Xbox 360 controller for Windows.