Out of state craigslist selling. Only 16. Is this legit?

Bit8xPr0

Real certified checks are fine and should be preferred over cash for big ticket items such as cars. They are checks which are signed by the bank and account holder to verify that the funds specified are available and the bank can be liable if the check bounces. Cashier's checks are even safer than certified checks as the bank is the one providing the money, not the account holder directly.

As others have said though, this does look like a scammer. Pretty common for Craigslist. I would only recommend doing local pickups on Craigslist. EBay is better set up for selling items out of state. More protection for both buyer and seller.

Don't know how it works in the US, but in Canada, a certified check is guaranteed by the bank, and is as good as cash. The money is already taken out of the persons bank account, and held in escrow by the bank directly. A certified cheque and a money order, in Canada, are essentially the same thing. Both can be verified by calling the bank and checking the cheque number.

In this case though, I'd say it's still a scam. Notice how the buyer isn't directly answering the questions sent by the OP. That's not how a real person responds to a conversation, unless they are stupid or handicapped or something.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

@Bit8xPr0 That's 100% a scam. You can easily tell when the first text they send you is literally a copy-paste of the title of the ad you have on Craigslist. Same with "I'm satisifed with the price and condition" and BS like that, I sell so much stuff on Kijiji (Craigslist equivalent) that these scam texts are just a broken record playing again and again to me whenever I see them.

"Rawr XD"

I had this exact scammer message me

its a scam

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Just to show you how many of these asses are out there, just a quick scroll through my messages and this is just brushing the surface of the amount of nonsense I get from those scammers, read through and it'll quickly become easy to tell if a future text you get is a scam or not. Obvious giveaways are out-of-state numbers, copy-paste of your ad title and/or price, and if on top of those they give you an email to reply to even though they're texting you in the first place.

j75N3rM.jpg bGrvcP7.jpg Jy2JrEr.jpg Du9jTVh.jpg eK3YIjW.jpg 4SVGzeR.jpg fkWHNWR.jpg

And of course, feel free to spam text any of these scammer numbers.

"Rawr XD"

Obvious scam.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Obvious scam.

True, just wanted to make sure.

i5 4590 @ Stock, XFX R9 290!, HyperX Beast 4x8GB  @1600, 850 EVO 120gb, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, , Asrock H97m Pro 4 , Fractal Design Define R4, Windows 10

True, just wanted to make sure.

;)

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Don't do it. I work for a Bank and see checks and hear stories like this all the time and it's just a big waste of your time

Its an obvious scam. With craigslist you either meet in person or not at all.

https://www.craigslist.org/about/scams

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

only use craiglist for local stuffs

ill beat yo ass on minecraft anyday.