Can Logitech Please Make A MX Master G502 Hybrid?

NavXIII

Got a G502 a couple months ago after my RAT7 crapped out (didn't even last a year, last Mad Catz crap I'll ever buy) and it's a near perfect mouse (IMO it's worth more than it's price). All the buttons are exactly where I want it. The only problem I have is that I tend to drag my wrist around the mousepad and this habit tends to irritate boney area on my wrist on the pinky side of my hand (absolutely no clue what's it called but I think you get the picture). It's more of a problem with me rather than the mouse itself.

I was at Best Buy today for Boxing Day and I saw an MX Master on display and I remembered it being mentioned on Linus' office tour video. Didn't really want to buy it because of the price and I got a G502 recently, but my god does it feel great holding it. The way it's shaped all big and fat makes it so my wrist doesn't drag along the mousepad. The side scroll wheel was the only thing I liked about the RAT7 and it even has that.

I'd honestly drop $150 for a hybrid, G502's internals in a MX Master's exterior. Throw in a few more buttons for the gamers and keep the side scroll wheel. Give it a rubberized grip, wired and wireless options, and it'll be perfect.

Please.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

G502 is actually perfect for me, I just wish it weighed less.

My only complaint is that it's too heavy, been debating on switching to a Final Mouse because it's like 60 grams lighter

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Sounds like real dream mouse.

I'd want to add one more change, get rid of the gamery look of it and I'll love it to death.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

My only complaint is that it's too heavy, been debating on switching to a Final Mouse because it's like 60 grams lighter

The weight is what really draws me to it. I hat how light mice are especially my G300s (I kind of want to add weight somehow). The G502 feels like you could kill someone with it, so nice.

I'd want to add one more change, get rid of the gamery look of it and I'll love it to death.

Exactly, the G502 with the MX Master professional look, that's what we're talking about.

Throw in a high level of weight modularity, and I don't mean just a few plates. Make two versions, one with chroma lighting, another with just matt black and gold lining like the MX Master.

EDIT: Give me an optional charging stand that can double as a headphone stand. $50 price tag right there.

The reason why you wrist is or isn't dragging on the mouse pad is due to the grip you are using.

Possibly try a G700s as it has similar ergonomics to the MX Master through a bit smaller. My other suggestions or larger mice that use a top/forward palm grip would be the SteelSeries Rival, possibly the ROG Gladius if the clicks don't but you. Or even better the Strix Claw.

@Charger and I have discussed any different Logitech hybrids and improvements but this is not one I would like to see.

In reality it sounds like you want a G702 which Logitech is dragging their heels with. The shape of the MX Master would not be great for gaming especially if you want to have a bunch of buttons. There is a reason why the ones on there are small and out of the way and it has gestures.

Same here its a brick and then you can add more weight. Who ever thought that was a good deal needs a talking to. You add weight to light mice, not heavy ones. Personally I wouldn't mind if it was a touch wider but I more prefer the G402.

Final Mouse is just light with a decent sensor. It has nothing else going for it. Ergonomically it's quite poor, especially when comparing to the G502.

The weight is what really draws me to it. I hat how light mice are especially my G300s (I kind of want to add weight somehow). The G502 feels like you could kill someone with it, so nice.

Generally speaking you want a light mouse. Once I got used to a couple I couldn't go back to the G502. The Strix Claw is going to be a stretch. I have a feeling the G502 is too well built. I can say the scroll wheel has too much mass.

Exactly, the G502 with the MX Master professional look, that's what we're talking about.

Logitech's mice already look fairly subdued with the lights off. They are going to style to the market and what's going to sell. Lots of people think if it doesn't look like a gaming mouse it can't be a good one.

Throw in a high level of weight modularity, and I don't mean just a few plates. Make two versions, one with chroma lighting, another with just matt black and gold lining like the MX Master.

EDIT: Give me an optional charging stand that can double as a headphone stand. $50 price tag right there.

Now you are asking for way way to much that is going to increase cost astronomically! If it's wireless forego the LEDs minus maybe 1 RGB, just look at Corsair's headset as to why. You can look at razer for the other thing where performance is better on wireless with the lights off.

Sorry far the Micro B Port is the best solution as everyone has those so there is no need to be proprietary. Also I prefer the Eneloop in the MX1100 Rechargeable and G700/G700s as you can just swap it out instead of having to charge the mouse. This probably wasn't an optional on the MX Master with is ID, especially the oddly shaped bottom.

Same here its a brick and then you can add more weight. Who ever thought that was a good deal needs a talking to. You add weight to light mice, not heavy ones. Personally I wouldn't mind if it was a touch wider but I more prefer the G402.

Final Mouse is just light with a decent sensor. It has nothing else going for it. Ergonomically it's quite poor, especially when comparing to the G502.

Generally speaking you want a light mouse. Once I got used to a couple I couldn't go back to the G502. The Strix Claw is going to be a stretch. I have a feeling the G502 is too well built. I can say the scroll wheel has too much mass.

Logitech's mice already look fairly subdued with the lights off. They are going to style to the market and what's going to sell. Lots of people think if it doesn't look like a gaming mouse it can't be a good one.

Now you are asking for way way to much that is going to increase cost astronomically! If it's wireless forego the LEDs minus maybe 1 RGB, just look at Corsair's headset as to why. You can look at razer for the other thing where performance is better on wireless with the lights off.

Sorry far the Micro B Port is the best solution as everyone has those so there is no need to be proprietary. Also I prefer the Eneloop in the MX1100 Rechargeable and G700/G700s as you can just swap it out instead of having to charge the mouse. This probably wasn't an optional on the MX Master with is ID, especially the oddly shaped bottom.

LOL I didn't think you could overbuild a mouse!

Sure can it's like anything else. When it comes to the shell you want it as rigid, light, and simple as possible. Razer has been doing quite well with this as well as still having a premium feel. The Mamba TE 2015 and Diamondback 2015 are great examples of this.

You also want as few PCBs internally as possible. There is a bunch of other stuff too.

Logitech's latest designs are flashy and multi-level which has a bunch to do with the weight as not only do you have the pieces but you have whatever connects them all together. Basically it's inefficient. If you look Starting with the G602 each mouse that came out go simpler. I think they were learning this as they were trying to reinvent their lineup. ID wise I think the G303 is probably their best. It would be a prime choice if I used claw or especially fingertip grip.

Oh someone mentioned the G300s I think that could be a great mouse if it wasn't baby sized and maybe got a sensor upgrade. I believe it has the same one as the G100s and G602.

My wallet thinks otherwise :D

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

Sure can it's like anything else. When it comes to the shell you want it as rigid, light, and simple as possible. Razer has been doing quite well with this as well as still having a premium feel. The Mamba TE 2015 and Diamondback 2015 are great examples of this.

You also want as few PCBs internally as possible. There is a bunch of other stuff too.

Logitech's latest designs are flashy and multi-level which has a bunch to do with the weight as not only do you have the pieces but you have whatever connects them all together. Basically it's inefficient. If you look Starting with the G602 each mouse that came out go simpler. I think they were learning this as they were trying to reinvent their lineup. ID wise I think the G303 is probably their best. It would be a prime choice if I used claw or especially fingertip grip.

Oh someone mentioned the G300s I think that could be a great mouse if it wasn't baby sized and maybe got a sensor upgrade. I believe it has the same one as the G100s and G602.

I have the G300s, I wish it was heavier. I do like the complexity of the G502, maybe it's just me.

My wallet thinks otherwise :D

Find a minimum of what probably 100,000 people like you if we're looking world wide. Could be as low as maybe 10K if just US. Idk the kinda of numbers they look for but it's a ton!

I have the G300s, I wish it was heavier. I do like the complexity of the G502, maybe it's just me.

The complexity of the G502 in what way because I would think there would be a way to implement all the buttons far more simply, the shape as well. Actually I would say the rubber areas are a bad design with how easy the pickup dirt.

I will say I do like the locations, size, and feel of all the buttons minus the scroll wheel. I would like to see something similar on the G702. Side button wise though nothing can touch the DA they feel just like a left and right click, so good!