Start up build: gaming PC

Hi Guys,

Firstly, a very happy Christmas and new year to all. I am a newbie here, having recently registered to this forum. I hope you all don't mind if I start a new topic/thread, because going through the forum's posts, the recent one related to this thread was created, way back in 2013. Since we are about to leave 2015 going to 2016, might as start fresh.

Now, here is my request guys if you can help me out, I will greatly appreciate it. I plan to build a modest start up gaming PC. It doesn't need to be high specs but for occasional gaming and I am not much into high resolution graphics and might just use medium settings only.

Now based on the previous thread, I need to provide a simple guide to help make a clearer picture of what I need, here goes......

Budget: £300-£400

Use: occasional gaming, medium setting, possibly play battlefield 4, counter strike and others

Possible CPU: AMD

I already done a preliminary research and this is what came with,

AMD : APU A6-6400k £39

MOBO: Asus A88XM-plus micro ATX. £57

GPU: Asus Nvidia GE Force GTX750i £95

RAM: Hyper X Fury 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz CL10 blue £31

HDD: WD 1TB Blue 3.5 inch £36

PSU: Corsair VS550w 80plus £36

CPU cooler: Artic Freezer 7 PRP Rev 2 £15

Case: Aerocool GT advance mid tower £33

Total £342 based on Amazon UK price as of December 25

Again, I will greatly appreciate your help in this matter, I plan to start to build this mid January.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Guys,

Firstly, a very happy Christmas and new year to all. I am a newbie here, having recently registered to this forum. I hope you all don't mind if I start a new topic/thread, because going through the forum's posts, the recent one related to this thread was created, way back in 2013. Since we are about to leave 2015 going to 2016, might as start fresh.

Now, here is my request guys if you can help me out, I will greatly appreciate it. I plan to build a modest start up gaming PC. It doesn't need to be high specs but for occasional gaming and I am not much into high resolution graphics and might just use medium settings only.

Now based on the previous thread, I need to provide a simple guide to help make a clearer picture of what I need, here goes......

Budget: £300-£400

Use: occasional gaming, medium setting, possibly play battlefield 4, counter strike and others

Possible CPU: AMD

I already done a preliminary research and this is what came with,

AMD : APU A6-6400k £39

MOBO: Asus A88XM-plus micro ATX. £57

GPU: Asus Nvidia GE Force GTX750i £95

RAM: Hyper X Fury 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz CL10 blue £31

HDD: WD 1TB Blue 3.5 inch £36

PSU: Corsair VS550w 80plus £36

CPU cooler: Artic Freezer 7 PRP Rev 2 £15

Case: Aerocool GT advance mid tower £33

Total £342 based on Amazon UK price as of December 25

Again, I will greatly appreciate your help in this matter, I plan to start to build this mid January.

Thank you in advance.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/3ZrDt6 ;)

Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Turbo 3.5GHz | 8GB Kingston DDR3-1333 | MSI Radeon R7 370 OC to 1020mhz | EVGA Supernova NEX B1 750W | GIGABYTE GA-B85-D3H | Inwin Velocity OEM Case | 120mm broken fan

Vancouver, BC | O Canada

You can overclock the Pentium on H97 which are usually cheaper

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0