Gaming HeadPHONES

Nebby

Yes, I said headphones. I've got a beautiful yeti mic so all I need are some really nice headphones. I can't seem to find any that are good so I thought I'd ask y'all. My budget is $75 and I'd prefer 7.1 surround sound.

Thanks

reddit.com/r/audiophile

I've had nothing but good experiences with AudioTechnica, AKG, Beyerdynamic, and Bose.... that said, AKG K240s (the headphones I have) are nice.

7.1 Surround is a gimic, no point in getting it, and most people don't even use 5.1 anymore, HyperX Cloud Headphones are great, I own a pair, they're lightweight, good sound quality and not expensive!

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR

7.1 Surround is a gimic, no point in getting it, and most people don't even use 5.1 anymore, HyperX Cloud Headphones are great, I own a pair, they're lightweight, good sound quality and not expensive!

great recommendation they are one of the only gaming headsets that are worth a buy

RIG #14670k @4.4 / 1.25v vcore. @ 4.5 / 1.3v vcore/ 1.95v vccin. MSI GAMING 4G GTX 970 @1540/3700 1.275v BIOS MOD. 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage RAM 2400mhz. MSI GAMING 5 Z97 MOBOFractal Design Define S. Dark Rock Pro 3. 850 EVO 250GB Seasonic M12II 620w
RIG #2: 4790k @ 4.6 / 1.25v vcore. EVGA SC ACX 2.0 980 SLI16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz. Asus MAXIMUS VII Hero Z97. Fractal Design Define R5. NH D15. 850 EVO 250GB AX 860

Don't buy a 'gaming' headset. 

I own a pair of Audio Technica ATH M50x, and I love them. Great for music and games. 

Welcome to LTT! Feel free to PM me if you just wanna chat, I love conversation!

If you ever have any audio questions, wether it's software, hardware, or production and theory, feel free to ask me. Odds are I can help you, or get you help. 

Don't buy a 'gaming' headset. 

I own a pair of Audio Technica ATH M50x, and I love them. Great for music and games. 

nope i heard they are overpriced and have limited soundstage

RIG #14670k @4.4 / 1.25v vcore. @ 4.5 / 1.3v vcore/ 1.95v vccin. MSI GAMING 4G GTX 970 @1540/3700 1.275v BIOS MOD. 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage RAM 2400mhz. MSI GAMING 5 Z97 MOBOFractal Design Define S. Dark Rock Pro 3. 850 EVO 250GB Seasonic M12II 620w
RIG #2: 4790k @ 4.6 / 1.25v vcore. EVGA SC ACX 2.0 980 SLI16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz. Asus MAXIMUS VII Hero Z97. Fractal Design Define R5. NH D15. 850 EVO 250GB AX 860

M50s are way better then the Clouds lol, The clouds, as I own them are great but face it, It's a cheap pair of headphones with a mix. @ShadowCaptain may know a pair of decent $75 headphones.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

That's total bull lmao. 

Hence 'I heard', I own. They sound amazing. Could use a little (very small) amount more bass, but if you're playing games you can adjust that in windows. I keep them as is as I produce music. 

If you ever have any audio questions, wether it's software, hardware, or production and theory, feel free to ask me. Odds are I can help you, or get you help. 

I personally own a pair of Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma. That is very good pair of headphones for gaming and listening to music in my opinion. But it uses USB (at least in my pair) so that could be a con if you would prefer 3.5mm headphone jack instead. But I would suggest those.

I personally own a pair of Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma. That is very good pair of headphones for gaming and listening to music in my opinion. But it uses USB (at least in my pair) so that could be a con if you would prefer 3.5mm headphone jack instead. But I would suggest those.

no

Why?

they skimp perticularly on quality,,

getting a pair of normal headphones with a mod mic is way better

they skimp perticularly on quality,,

getting a pair of normal headphones with a mod mic is way better

Meh. 

For me they are more than good enough and I thing they sound great. But of course this comes from someone who is not good with audio.

M50s are way better then the Clouds lol, The clouds, as I own them are great but face it, It's a cheap pair of headphones with a mix. @ShadowCaptain may know a pair of decent $75 headphones.

M50X is a cheap headphone with a premium price tag. $70-$90 and they would be worthwhile, but since they aren't, they aren't worth the price. And the sound stage is severely disappointing for games.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

if you can't afford M50x try M40x sound amazing and a lot cheaper.

Intel i5-6600K@4.2GHz, 16GB Crucial DDR4-2133, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, Be quiet shadow rock slim, Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC, Fractal design Integra M 550W, NZXT S340, Sandisk X110 128GB, WD black 750GB, Seagate momentus 160GB, HGST 160GB

That's total bull lmao.

Hence 'I heard', I own. They sound amazing. Could use a little (very small) amount more bass, but if you're playing games you can adjust that in windows. I keep them as is as I produce music.

Well I do own them and they are overpriced and no they don't sound "amazing" they sound okay. The stock pads are garbage. I pretty much had to replace them with velour pads from day one. Now they're slightly more okay. Expand your headphone horizons.

Main Rig:  CPU i5-4670k   MOBO Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI   GPU GTX 980ti    RAM 8GB  STORAGE 128GB ADATA(OS)/250GB Samsung 850 EVO(APPS)/3TB WD Red

AUDIO: AMP/DAC TEAC AI-301DA SPEAKERS: Cambridge Audio SX50 Phones: Philips Fidelio X1

Well I do own them and they are overpriced and no they don't sound "amazing" they sound okay. The stock pads are garbage. I pretty much had to replace them with velour pads from day one. Now they're slightly more okay. Expand your headphone horizons.

I actually dont mind the pads. They fit nice over my ears, although I do have odd ears. They dont get uncomfortable even after many hours of use. 

They are pricey, although I got a new pair for just a bit over 100$ USD so...

I actually dont mind the pads. They fit nice over my ears, although I do have odd ears. They dont get uncomfortable even after many hours of use. 

They are pricey, although I got a new pair for just a bit over 100$ USD so...

They are not pricey, they are just pricey for what they are

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I don't understand how these threads get bombarded with bad suggestions so quick.

M50x/40x are not good headphones for gaming, especially competitive gaming. They have no soundstage.

HyperX Clouds are a headset, and are good for the price, but if the OP only needs headphones there are better options for the money.

Anything with 7.1 no.

If you can find the Phillips SHP9500 in your budget, they will most likely be your best option. For gaming open headphones work best, but closed headphones with decent soundstage will work well too.

There are a lot of open headphones under $75 that will be good, it will just depend on what kind of sound signature you want, and what you think is comfortable. 

Takstar HI2050, Superlux 668B (will need better pads), Pioneer SE-A1000.

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B

snip

Keep in mind, if you're looking at the SE-A1000, you might need to do some quick modifications for it to fit heads that aren't the size of Jupiter. 

Seriously those things are meant for heads that are the size of jupiter. I have a larger head than average and they just barely fit me alright with a shortened headband, and they barely put any pressure on my head, even after countless hours of stretching inwards to have slightly more clamping pressure. 

But if you do the headband mod (open up the sides, shorten the headband in whatever way you desire) then it should fit most average to large heads. also the pads are literally jersey shirts, I don't mind it but some might. They sound absolutely fantastic for the price tho. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50