After putting it off for so long, I finally want to get my gaming pc up and running but need some help!

So I was meant to make a gaming pc a while ago but was putting it off over and over again :( Now I'm determained to get it up and running. I'm going for a Blue/Black or Red/Black colour scheme, my budget is anything under $1450 Hopefully a little lower (AUS)

To start off with I'm live in Australia to all my parts will come from http://pccasegear.com/ , I wil be overclocking this machine and hope to play on 1080p so a solid 1080p monitor is a must! :)

Here is what I have so far! :)

CPU: AMD FX-8320 - $192.00 - I would love to know if it would be better getting a 8350 or even the i5 3570k, and how it handles with OC

MOBO: This is the part I'm stuck on the most, I don't know anything about AMD mobo's so I would love some input on what to buy.

CPU Cooler: Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk CPU Cooler - $45 - This is manly for looks and it preforms well :)

Graphics Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD7950 - $339 - I've heard this card is a beast and willl handle over clocking

Ram: G.Skill Ares F3-1866C9D-8GAB 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 - $89 - Just the normal kinda ram, hoping for black!

SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB - $119 - I'm pretty positive about this choice :)

HDD: Western Digital WD Blue 500GB - $62 - This will be for games and general stuff

Power Supply: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W ST60F-P - $119 - Another part i'm ot 100% sure about

Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 - $135 - Awesome case!

Monitor: ASUS VS229H-P 21.5in - $169 - I'm half sure I got the right monitor but advice on monitors would be awesome!

Total Cost: $1269 Without mobo and shippping.

I hope the community could help me out with this one! Any kind of help suggestions would be really great! p.s Just mention if I missed any parts I should have :) Cheers.

Are you limited to PCcasegear or are you open to other shops like mwave?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Ok, so personally i would go with an 8350, as the overclock in it is VERY nice. Next up is the mobo, you should get a 990 chipset, I really like the AsRock 990FX Extreme 4. You could also go with 1TB HDD, its not much more expensive.

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

I have the same monitor and it is definitely a solid monitor for the price, as for a motherboard go for a gigabyte-970A-D3 or any gigabyte motherboard however some of their pcb's are blue so you may have to make the case black/blue themed to make it fit with the colour scheme ( I also have an AMD system except it has a FX 8350, which is just a factory overclocked FX8320)

My Current Rig: CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.8Ghz CPU Cooler: H100i MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X SOC GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 Tahiti pro (Died 6/07/2014 RIP) & PowerColour HD7950  GPU Cooler: NZXT G10 W/ Corsair H55 HDD&SSD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB + Corsair GS 128GB + Samsung 840 EVO 250GB PSU: Corsair RM 750 Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2.  

I have the same monitor and it is definitely a solid monitor for the price, as for a motherboard go for a gigabyte-970A-D3 or any gigabyte motherboard however some of their pcb's are blue so you may have to make the case black/blue themed to make it fit with the colour scheme ( I also have an AMD system except it has a FX 8350, which is just a factory overclocked FX8320)

you want a 990 chipset, not a 970, otherwise you will most likely bottleneck an 83XX CPU

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

CPU and MOBO: either go with a 8350 and a 990fx board if you want to overclock. If you dont really want to go amd, hot, inefficient, need big cooler, I d suggest following:

Dont get the i5. For the money you can go better. Get the Intel Xeon E3-1230v3 and a cheaper H87 motherbaord. It is basically a non overclockable i7 for less the price of an i5 (mb taken into consideration)

GPU: Why not 7970 ? Spend a bit more, get a bit more.

Storage: Id suggest getting a  840 Evo, as its cheaper/GB and performs just as well. Also get a 1TB HDD. Also better price/GB the bigger the HDD.

PSU: Save 50$ and get a like a corsair cx600m. Solid and way cheaper than the silverstone.

Monitor: Either go with a 23" IPS panel, acer got some nice ones for like 140$, or get a gaming optimized display, like the Benq XL2420T. A bit more expensive, but 120 Hz and it makes a difference like day and night. You can even use light boost to eliminate motion blur to get a really fluid, non-laggy image.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

Are you limited to PCcasegear or are you open to other shops like mwave?

I can go for anyshop really! It's just hat pccasegear all I really know, but if there is any cheaper prices I would look into them! :)

So I was meant to make a gaming pc a while ago but was putting it off over and over again :( Now I'm determained to get it up and running. I'm going for a Blue/Black or Red/Black colour scheme, my budget is anything under $1450 Hopefully a little lower (AUS)

To start off with I'm live in Australia to all my parts will come from http://pccasegear.com/ , I wil be overclocking this machine and hope to play on 1080p so a solid 1080p monitor is a must! :)

Here is what I have so far! :)

CPU: AMD FX-8320 - $192.00 - I would love to know if it would be better getting a 8350 or even the i5 3570k, and how it handles with OC

MOBO: This is the part I'm stuck on the most, I don't know anything about AMD mobo's so I would love some input on what to buy.

CPU Cooler: Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk CPU Cooler - $45 - This is manly for looks and it preforms well :)

Graphics Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD7950 - $339 - I've heard this card is a beast and willl handle over clocking

Ram: G.Skill Ares F3-1866C9D-8GAB 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 - $89 - Just the normal kinda ram, hoping for black!

SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB - $119 - I'm pretty positive about this choice :)

HDD: Western Digital WD Blue 500GB - $62 - This will be for games and general stuff

Power Supply: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W ST60F-P - $119 - Another part i'm ot 100% sure about

Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 - $135 - Awesome case!

Monitor: ASUS VS229H-P 21.5in - $169 - I'm half sure I got the right monitor but advice on monitors would be awesome!

Total Cost: $1269 Without mobo and shippping.

I hope the community could help me out with this one! Any kind of help suggestions would be really great! p.s Just mention if I missed any parts I should have :) Cheers.

This is my suggestion for your build

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/1xGn8

I can go for anyshop really! It's just hat pccasegear all I really know, but if there is any cheaper prices I would look into them! :)

Here's what I came up with: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/1xHIz

The Dark Knight is out of stock atm just so you know.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.