Windows 10 Finally Being Approved by Windows 7 Users – Stats Reveal

Mr_Troll

Believe it or not, Windows 7 has proved to be the biggest rival of Windows 10, impeding its otherwise steady adoption rate. While Microsoft is committed to upgrade Windows 7 users to its latest operating system, it has proved to be harder for the company to do so even after its obnoxious marketing tactics. We may want to hate Microsoft for its overwhelming and almost scammy marketing strategy of Windows 10, the company has its own reasons. For one, it would want everyone to be on Windows 10 to avoid securing and maintaining earlier versions of the operating system. Whatever the reasons, it finally seems like Windows 7 users are moving toward to the latest Windows as the new stats for the month of December show.

Windows 7 users start adopting Windows 10:

These new stats, which are figures from early December, show that Microsoft’s annoying upgrade strategy is working as more users are coming on board the new operating system. Whether willingly or more because users are annoyed of the constant nagging of notifications, these new stats clearly show that Windows 7 has finally started to lose customers both in Europe and America.

Windows 7 had a market share of over 50 percent in the category of desktop operating systems, a share that wasn’t affected after the launch and early adoption time of Windows 10. While the first few months may not have witnessed visible differences, the new data shows that Windows 7 has dropped to 44.18 percent. Windows 10, however, has gone up to 15.34 percent taking the second position on the chart. In North America, Windows 7 has lost even more, sitting at 41.6 percent with Mac OS X on the second place with 18.21 percent.

windows-7-users-finally-upgrading-to-win

windows-7-users-finally-upgrading-to-win

The difference between Windows 7 and Windows 10 is still huge, but things will change more rapidly as Windows 10 gets more polished and more importantly, as the gamming community adopts the new operating system. Windows 10 is set to receive its next stage of so-called Redstone updates starting early next year. The upcoming improvements will help Microsoft keep stirring the most loyal Windows 7 users who are still looking for more stability in the operating system to leave the trusted Windows 7 behind.

44% windows 7 users?. Still a long way to go for win 10. But its progress.

Source:http://wccftech.com/windows-10-finally-being-approved-by-windows-7-users/

http://news.softpedia.com/news/windows-7-users-finally-upgrading-to-windows-10-new-stats-show-497898.shtml

Intel Core i7 7800x @ 5.0 Ghz with 1.305 volts (really good chip), Mesh OC @ 3.3 Ghz, Fractal Design Celsius S36, Asrock X299 Killer SLI/ac, 16 GB Adata XPG Z1 OCed to  3600 Mhz , Aorus  RX 580 XTR 8G, Samsung 950 evo, Win 10 Home - loving it :D

Had a Ryzen before ... but  a bad bios flash killed it :(

MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G - i7 6820HK, 980m SLI, Gsync, 1080p, 16 GB RAM, 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD, Win 10 home

I feel like this is what Microsoft was going for. Sure, some will still use Window 7, but Windows 10 is so similar in terms of layout, that it isn't as confusing as Windows 8.

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

I'm just going to stick with Windows 8.1(w/Classic Start of course) for as long as possible.

Really no incentive for me to upgrade at all right now. I prefer W8.1 to W7 because of little things like ISO mounting and being able to place desktop wallpapers independently on different monitors through the Personalize window.

I feel like this is what Microsoft was going for. Sure, some will still use Window 7, but Windows 10 is so similar in terms of layout, that it isn't as confusing as Windows 8.

i loved windows 8

A human who wants so destroy all else

-demonic satan Duane

More PCs run Windows XP than Linux.

That's scary.

Big Business, and government.

pretty much. 

This thread does not meet the spirit of the posting guideline. Until fixed, (@Mr_Troll), it is moved out pf Tech News section (PM me when you did)

You need to explain the news in your own words.

Question you should ask: Without looking at the quotes (as those are for support or completion) what do you see?

I see nice graph (good), and "44% windows 7 users?. Still a long way to go for win 10. But its progress." (ok)

That means nothing.

I like Windows 10 and would like to upgrade my desktop to it, but the auto updates just kill it for me.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

Still not approved by Open-Source Admins.