Should I give Apple a shot?

Pooherino ツ

Pricing is Canadian Dollar

So I'm looking for a laptop for college. I deciding between the Apple Macbook Pro 13" Early 2015 or Dell XPS 13 Skylake. I'm deciding is because my brother has a financing from Apple that give u 3 month to pay off without any interest, and I'm pretty sure I can save over $2000 by then, I work so don't worry about my financial stuff. The thing is I need a laptop now for school, well its Christmas break atm but school starts again in 2 weeks. They both have pretty much the same spec, but the Mac has 5th gen cpu and XPS has 6th, XPS has touch and Mac does not obv. Also XPS is $1300, Mac is $1400, I get student pricing from both Apple and Dell cus my school actually have contract with both of them (kinda coincident). I would go for the Mac if it runs Windows (it does but it is crap, I tried it on Mac mini so I know) and I would go for Dell if it has financing (it does but we both got denied for some reason). So should I give Mac OS a shot?

Btw, i'll list out the specs for the model I would buy

Macbook- i5, 8gb ram, 128gb pcie ssd, iris pro 6100

XPS- i5-6200U, 8gb, 128gb maybe m.2

Resolution pretty similar

Battery also similar

So I'm looking for a laptop for college. I deciding between the Apple Macbook Pro 13" Early 2015 or Dell XPS 13 Skylake. I'm deciding is because my brother has a financing from Apple that give u 3 month to pay off without any interest, and I'm pretty sure I can save over $2000 by then, I work so don't worry about my financial stuff. The thing is I need a laptop now for school, well its Christmas break atm but school starts again in 2 weeks. They both have pretty much the same spec, but the Mac has 5th gen cpu and XPS has 6th, XPS has touch and Mac does not obv. Also XPS is $1300, Mac is $1400, I get student pricing from both Apple and Dell cus my school actually have contract with both of them (kinda coincident). I would go for the Mac if it runs Windows (it does but it is crap, I tried it on Mac mini so I know) and I would go for Dell if it has financing (it does but we both got denied for some reason). So should I give Mac OS a shot?

Battery also similar

It comes down entirely to which OS you want. I'd get the Mac but that's just me.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Battery also similar

Coming from someone who is currently using windows 10 only on a 2012 macbook pro, what about bootcamped windows made you think it was crap?

RIG:FX-6300@4.5GHz 1.4V with Hyper 212 evo with LTT NF-F12:MSI Overclockers R7 260X:4x4B Crucial Ballistix Sport:GA-970A-UD3P:1TB Seagate Brracuda & 120GB Crucial M500(OS and Programs)&Sandisk SSD PLUS(Games) In a Bitfenix Comrade with an NF-F12 as exhaust and OEM case fan as front intake

''time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time''

It comes down entirely to which OS you want. I'd get the Mac but that's just me.

Well the tittle is "should I give it a shot?"

I have a rMBP and wouldn't look back. Well worth the investment IMO. 

I went from an XPS in 2008 that disintegrated inside a year to my MBP that only died in 2013 because someone pushed it off the desk and it hyper extended the hinge on the screen. The Apple mobile experience is better in my personal opinion. 

Coming from someone who is currently using windows 10 only on a 2012 macbook pro, what about bootcamped windows made you think it was crap?

it is just not great, like if im gonna pay $1500, I expect it to work flawlessly, and my brother owns a mac too and he told me just use mac os if u gonna get macbook

Well the tittle is "should I give it a shot?"

Honestly, name out the programs you use frequently. Do those have a Mac version? If yes, move to the next step.

Do you like the visuals more so than on Windows? If so, check.

Is it intuitive logically for you to not use right click or have no touchscreen? If so, check.

Will you be using Bootcamp to use Windows 99% of the time? Well, if this is the case then just get the Dell.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Dell cause I <3 touch screen on laptops so much

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Honestly, name out the programs you use frequently. Do those have a Mac version? If yes, move to the next step.

Is it intuitive logically for you to not use right click or have no touchscreen? If so, check.

Will you be using Bootcamp to use Windows 99% of the time? Well, if this is the case then just get the Dell.

hmmmmm I can live with most of those thing, but the not right click thing, I didnt even realize mac doesnt have right click until recently lol

well hey, pretty much doesent matter. id say that apple might last longer. my friend has like 7 year old macbook or something, still snappy and works better than our 2 year old 600 dollar pc. macbook also looks cooler, so id take that, but thats just me.

it is just not great, like if im gonna pay $1500, I expect it to work flawlessly, and my brother owns a mac too and he told me just use mac os if u gonna get macbook

Haven't experienced any problems myself, but the only reason I got the mac, over a windows laptop was the price at the time. 

RIG:FX-6300@4.5GHz 1.4V with Hyper 212 evo with LTT NF-F12:MSI Overclockers R7 260X:4x4B Crucial Ballistix Sport:GA-970A-UD3P:1TB Seagate Brracuda & 120GB Crucial M500(OS and Programs)&Sandisk SSD PLUS(Games) In a Bitfenix Comrade with an NF-F12 as exhaust and OEM case fan as front intake

OS X has had right click for years.... 

Haven't experienced any problems myself, but the only reason I got the mac, over a windows laptop was the price at the time. 

yeah idk, it is not optimized, thats what i mean.

what? im confused now

Try plugging in a mouse and see what I mean. I use them every day for video production and not having right click gets annoying as hell. You have to use CTRL+click which I think is kind of dumb.

I bought a MacBook Pro Retina 15.4" Mid-2015 for work this year and I am loving it so far. I used OS X a lot when I was in school since it was a mac school. The build quality is outstanding and I couldn't be happier with it.

OS X does have right click...

Specs:

i7 Quad Core HT

16GB Ram

256GB PCI-e SSD

Iris Pro 1.5GB

2880x1800 (Amazballs)

\

what? im confused now

Bring a mouse with you to the Apple store to test out OSX and you'll see what I mean.

what? im confused now

Not really right click as such but 2 finger click does the same thing, even in bootcamped windows. Personally i prefer a two finger click to a right click button.

edit: I meant on a trackpad. didnt think about a proper mouse

Try plugging in a mouse and see what I mean. I use them every day for video production and not having right click gets annoying as hell. You have to use CTRL+click which I think is kind of dumb.

What? I have right click on my macbook  :huh: ?

Multiple options:

2 finger click

Left or Right Corner single click

\

what about the mouse pad tho, cus Ill only be using it at school im not gonna use a mouse

What? I have right click on my macbook  :huh: ?

Macbooks work differently cuz I dunno, Apple...?

what about the mouse pad tho, cus Ill only be using it at school im not gonna use a mouse

OK, I use a mouse with my laptop a lot so not having right click on it would bother me but if you aren't going to use a mouse then it's fine. Apparently the laptops have right click.

What mice are you using? I'm currently on my rMBP with a Logitech MX Master and right clicking to copy URL links.

Macbooks work differently cuz I dunno, Apple...?

OK, I use a mouse with my laptop a lot so not having right click on it would bother me but if you aren't going to use a mouse then it's fine. Apparently the laptops have right click.

okay

What mice are you using? I'm currently on my rMBP with a Logitech MX Master and right clicking to copy URL links.

what is rmbp?