Out of Space on SSD -,-

sgtcool
Go to solution Solved by sgtcool,

I managed to get rid of 5.35GB from your guys suggestions, CCclear and "size:gigantic" into , my computer search bar and deleted old Nvidia drivers

i also deleted MS Visual studios, i use Sony Vegas now instead of movie maker

also i set my SSD as "maxmimum storage" and moved the GIgabyte utility to HDD

I started installing the new BF4 update, but im out of space on my SSD, what can i remove or do to clear some space??

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

get rid of other games you don't play

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

Go to My Computer and search 'size:gigantic' and it'll show the largest files on your SSD ;D or uninstall some stuff.

Student Life Build Yo: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i5-3350p, ASRock H61M-VG4, Sapphire Nitro R9 380x

12GB DDR3-1333, Corsair CX600, SanDisk 120GB SSD, Asus Xonar DGX, Corsair 200R, Headphones: Takstar HI 2050.

~First PC Build!~

I started installing the new BF4 update, but im out of space on my SSD, what can i remove or do to clear some space??

Uh, with SSDs you should really leave at least 5-10GB free at all times as it will slow down dramatically.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

get rid of other games you don't play

Delete everything you don't use/need?

I only have BF4 on the ssd with windows

Go to My Computer and search 'size:gigantic' and it'll show the largest files on your SSD ;D or uninstall some stuff.

Hmm, i deleted some old drivers that were for some reason still on (nvidia 355)

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Uh, with SSDs you should really leave at least 5-10GB free at all times as it will slow down dramatically.

yeah when got my PC i had about 15GB free, BF4 and Windows updates took the last remaining 15GB, also i set my SSD optimized for storage

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Make sure your recycle bin is emptied, that's usually what takes up a lot of space for me

Also run CCleaner, it might be able to free up a bit of space as well

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

By the way , is it possible to delete Internet explorer and "mobile Apps" from windows 8.1??

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Also a handy tip if you do the size:gigantic part, sort it by size and then you'll see the largest file.

Another tip: empty your temp folder, that builds up over time from all the websites you visit.

Student Life Build Yo: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i5-3350p, ASRock H61M-VG4, Sapphire Nitro R9 380x

12GB DDR3-1333, Corsair CX600, SanDisk 120GB SSD, Asus Xonar DGX, Corsair 200R, Headphones: Takstar HI 2050.

~First PC Build!~

yeah when got my PC i had about 15GB free, BF4 and Windows updates took the last remaining 15GB, also i set my SSD optimized for storage

How does that even happen?

You have a 120GB SSD.

Windows only takes up 20-30GB.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

If you have more than enough RAM, you can get a few GB back from changing the size of Virtual Memory.  I cut it from 16GB down to 1GB.

8GB enough?

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

How does that even happen?

You have a 120GB SSD.

Windows only takes up 20-30GB.

BF4 is 65 GB

and the SSD is not 120GB but is 111GB

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

if you dont have one definetly grab a 1tb hdd on sale, for mass storage for this reason

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

Move your games to an HDD?

if you dont have one definetly grab a 1tb hdd on sale, for mass storage for this reason

i do have , im planning on getting a 256GB SSD or 512GB

and a 1TB external for videos

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I managed to get rid of 5.35GB from your guys suggestions, CCclear and "size:gigantic" into , my computer search bar and deleted old Nvidia drivers

i also deleted MS Visual studios, i use Sony Vegas now instead of movie maker

also i set my SSD as "maxmimum storage" and moved the GIgabyte utility to HDD

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Grab a program like disk space fan as well, it can uncover things that are larger than you realized they were. The graphical display makes it easy to see what's up.

http://www.diskspacefan.com

I see you like throwing money away.  :D

Grab a program like disk space fan as well, it can uncover things that are larger than you realized they were. The graphical display makes it easy to see what's up.

http://www.diskspacefan.com

I see you like throwing money away.  :D

Im not dumb, i know everything i have on my PC, the largest program i have is GTA V

and i can just torrent that program anyway

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I see you like throwing money away. :D

Its free.... so no.

Im not dumb, i know everything i have on my PC, the largest program i have is GTA V

Ahh sorry to insult your intelligence. For those of us without eidetic memories, a visual file system analyzer can be useful to spot something along the lines of a large video we thought we moved, or a program eating huge space in cache files.

That program is what helped me find out that my Windows SRT logs had failed to purge and were taking up over 6 GB of my SSD. I suppose that also could have been better solved by committing my whole file system to memory as you have done.

I guess I'm just dumb...