did humans evolve from apes?

techguru

Then your understanding is wrong. There is absolutely nothing in the definition of evolution which specifies that it has to occur by itself. You are thinking of natural selection. That has to happen by itself in order for it to be called "natural selection". Evolution however, does not. It is perfectly accurate to say that dogs evolved from wolves for example, even though that was done by humans.

The thing is, you are not talking about an opinion when you say things such as "there is no direct linage of evolution of ape to man".

You might as well be saying "1+1=4" and then when I correct you your response is "hey, it's just my opinion".

Why is one species evolving into another one so unbelievable? Just so that we are perfectly clear here. When one species evolves into another one it's not like a tiger becomes a bird all of a sudden. It is more like a caiman yacara evolving into a caiman crocodilus (not saying that happened. Just an example).

Here is a picture of the two if you want to see them. These two are separate species. They both belong to the caiman genus (which is why they are so similar), but they are unable to breed with each other which makes them different species.

attachicon.gifCaiman.jpg

Well it's not really an opinion when you say things like "there is no direct linage of evolution of ape to man", just like saying "1+1=4" is not an opinion either.

I understand what you mean now. You believe that a species can evolve to adapt to their surroundings, and this happens because of natural selection. What you don't believe in is that one species can become another one. I don't see why that is so hard to believe but my guess is that you are visualizing it like an ape one day giving birth to a human. It is far more granular than that. Like in my caiman example.

I am beginning to see your point.

I will leave it at this though, it not that I don't want to learn but mostly its not really a strong interest so much as not my strong point either. Thank you for your input.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I don't believe we evolved from apes, but i believe that as a human we evolved, so maybe we were very close to apes, but have formed to be humans, i also beleive there is a great being that created the earth, not in a full on Christian way but i think there is someone who made it. I don't tend to talk about this often as it makes my head fucking hurt from thinking how the earth might've formed.

You want to actually know how the Earth was formed?

Just sit back and watch nature do its thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ip5BAEfZuA&ab_channel=bdwilson1000

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.