Opinions on this build?

mackmelly

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/hVnC7P

Must have gaming and workstation capabilities, will be using mostly for gaming (70% game 30% content creation)

Must have peripherals: ONLY ultra-wide (21:9) monitors, mechanical keyboard (Cherry MX blues, blacks, or browns) with back-lighting matching scheme

Must have a color scheme, in my build I have a Black/White scheme with exception of the mouse,note  I am paying to make a good looking PC setup

Must have OS

Price can't exceed $2100, unless it's truly worth above the $2100 budget I'll have to look into more detail

Workspace

Currently I only have 34"x16.5" deskspace, I can place the PC below and have just peripherals on top, I'll probably add in a cheap 30"x12" black extended mouse pad. 

Notes

I will be upgrading RAM and may consider SLI after I have used this PC for about 2-3 years. I just need a good lasting PC for myself to game but also work on like blender renders, some video editing, photogrammetry, and a lot with Unreal Engine. I will overclock the CPU here and there, but not often (as in probably 2-3 times a week lol) but with the G1 980 Ti I'm definitely overclocking and I don't mind fan noise as long as it's not freakishly loud. This is like the fourth thread about this build and I just want to ensure that I'm set or if there are any better tweaks that can be made to this build. This PC will be purchased March 2016 so prices of parts may drop. Please make sure that if you add or switch anything that it's matching the black/white color scheme, LED's makes the PC look good, again I'm paying for how sexy this thing is gonna look. With the 25UM57-P monitor that I selected, is under $200, and yes 60hz which I don't mind, but I do want vibrant color accuracy which is why it's an IPS display and an OK 5ms response time G-sync isn't a must. If there is a better ultra-wide monitor that isn't gonna break this budget let me know, note I do pay attention to it's specs.

If you can't find anything else to tweak on this build, say that it's the best build that suits my needs because confidence boosters are nice lol, especially since this will be my first start from bone build. I've seen the insides of PC's and completely understand how they work. Only thing I worry about is BIOS because I have 0 experience with that and I've seen BIOS but with different motherboards, so if you can tell me what I need to tweak in the BIOS that will be the best configuration for me. I hardly understand a RAID configuration, so I don't wanna mess anything up if don't set certain settings off/on, etc.

Summed up questions:

Is this processor best for my needs and conditions?

Do I need to tweak anything in the BIOS if I want to overclock my GPU? (not often overclocking for CPU)

Overall does this PC look good on the outside? in terms of color scheme and LED lighting (with exception of Logitech mouse)

Save a buck and get the os from g2a or reddit.com/r/microsoftsoftwareswap

Other than that, very solid all around build.

The 5820k is an excellent cpu for what you're looking at.

No tweaks to bios, you should be fine.

Very good build.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor  ($374.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($123.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Motherboard: MSI X99S SLI Krait ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($203.98 @ Newegg) 

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($77.88 @ OutletPC) 

Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB AMP! Video Card  ($619.99 @ NCIX US) 

Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($59.99 @ Micro Center) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit)  ($20.00) 

Monitor: LG 25UM57-P 60Hz 25.0" Monitor  ($179.99 @ Newegg) 

Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Wired Laser Mouse  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 

Total: $2054.75

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-18 17:50 EST-0500