Audio-Technica m40x Question

R3DOPS

So tonight im going to get the Audio Technica m40x for only 109$ CAN. Shold i get the m40x? Do you think its good headphones? I like listening to music allot and i like my bass but not too much bass lol. Thanks guys 

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00HVLUR54?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB

If you like the sound signature, sure.

If you like the sound signature, sure.

What do you mean sound signature? 

What do you mean sound signature? 

The frequency response and the sound stage basically. Sound stage won't be as "open" as open-backs obviously, but I guess you already know that.

The frequency response has a little bit of a V-Curve, meaning boosted highs and low-end. I think those and the M50s also have a boost to a certain mid frequency. I had the M50s which have almost the exact same sound signature, so I can somewhat speak for the M40s.

So think sorta like Monster/Beats type of sound, but it's not boomy or overwhelming and makes everything sound bad. They'll sound good, but if you're looking for a different sound signature you should look elsewhere.

If you've ever tried the HyperX Clouds, they are similar (not exactly the same, but similar) to the same sound.