Noctua NH-D14

vinchy

Hi guys! I have a plan of upgrading my stock intel cooler to a Noctua NH-D14 because my friend sells it for much lower price. Problem is i have a Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb ram in a Sabertooth z77 does the cooler and ram will have problem? Like not fitting i have searched noctua that my ram is not compatible so i wanted to ask some guys here if they had fit it. Thanks guys more power!

Hi,

There is a list of compatible RAM modules on the noctua site under service -> RAM Compatibility: http://noctua.at/en/products/cpu-cooler-retail/nh-d14.html?___from_store=de#.VnKh6BXhAuU

If they say it does not fit, it probably doesn't. They actually know what they are doing.

Machines take me by surprise with great frequency

The ram stick is very high. You will have a choice of either takinh the heatsink of the ram or cutting noctua heatsik to fit. Otherwise you're better of with nh d15

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

How to i actually remove the heatsink of my ram if thats the only choice. I really have no knowledge on how to get it off.

How to i actually remove the heatsink of my ram if thats the only choice. I really have no knowledge on how to get it off.

The heatsinks are attached with sticky thermal pads. A little bit of prying is all you'd need to take them off.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.