"Element of mystery: Will periodic table get new resident?"

TopWargamer

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-57600312-1/element-of-mystery-will-periodic-table-get-new-resident/?ttag=fbwp

periodictable_610x336.jpg

The periodic table of the elements may be welcoming a new member to its elite group soon. A team of scientists led by researchers at Lund University in Sweden has confirmed the existence of a new element. The super-heavy element has atomic number 115.

COMIC SANS

O_O COD ZOMBIES IS IMMINENT!

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

O_O COD ZOMBIES IS IMMINENT!

If that happens you should come to where I live plenty of livestock, guns, and knives  :)

If that happens you should come to where I live plenty of livestock, guns, and knives  :)

*looks for the "add friend" button*

xD I've got a chain saw and plenty of knives but getting to you would be pretty damn difficult unless I took a boat; in which case the shores would probably be flooded with other people with similar ideas.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Element Zero? Ahhhhhh the Reapers are coming!!!!

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

Once element 118 gets discovered it should be named Wyton. It fits the naming for nobal gases and it would make my gr 10ap science teacher very happy.

Hasn't ununpentium been on the periodic table as a synthesized element for ages?

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

IRON MAN HAS DONE IT!

Cooler Master 690 II Advanced - I5 2500K @ 4.5Ghz - Geil Enhance Plus 1750Mhz 8Gb - ASUS ENGTX 570 DCUII - MSI Z68aGD65 - Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B - Samsung 830 128gb and Crucial m4 128gb - much other stuff not worth mentioning

Sweet, hopefully this new element will advance technology in someway, form or shape.

Not a snowball chance in hell, they are only recognized because technically they do exist for some amount of time (more often then not being so unstable that they last tiny amounts of time), None the less they can exist and I expect that this is no different scenario. 

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

RICHTOFEN! RICHTOFEN! THEY DID IT!! WUNDEVFAAAAAAAAAA

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

periodical-table.png

While officially labeled ununpentium as dictated by international chemistry naming rules, the new element has yet to be named. The findings will be reviewed by a committee of members of the International Unions of Pure and Applied Physics and Chemistry (IUPAC) where it will be decided whether further experiments are necessary before the discovery can be acknowledged.

According to National Geographic, new elements have to be confirmed by at least two different labs before the IUPAC will consider adding it to the periodic table. This is the second lab to repeat the same experiment. Back in 2004, element 115 was produced by a team of American and Russian scientists led by S.N. Dmitriev at Russia’s Flerov Laboratory of Nuclear Reactions.

Posted already?

Yea, they'll just squeeze it into some awkward corner like Hawaii on a map or something because it

s too hard to change things.

Error: 410

Well, goodbye guys.

I'll be at the pack a punch if you need me

I knew someone would say this...

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.