Fraud Alert: Steam VAC Remover Doesn't Unban You

So if you have something like Cheat Engine open and not using it in game, you'll get VAC banned for it.

To be fact that your fault for having cheat engine running while you play csgo competitive. 

Magical Pineapples

have cheat software present on their system.

That's one of the points though. Loads have been banned because it was on their system. What they do in their private time offline shouldn't impact any other game they play online.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

That's one of the points though. Loads have been banned because it was on their system. What they do in their private time offline shouldn't impact any other game they play online.

Well it has to be running and reading the VAC protected process.

Ya know, if you pay money to supposedly get unbanned from something, you basically deserve to lose your money.

I agree.

People actually believe this stuff...

And VAC's are normally 99.99999999999999999999999999999999*% right.

mathecitcally speaking, 99.9• =100. Watch viharts video on it.

- snip-

mathecitcally speaking, 99.9• =100. Watch viharts video on it.

That's the point ;)

Might add this later...

It will only ban you if you select the game exe I think. I mean "I have seen people" (not me :unsure:) use it on games such as Gmod and there has been no ban. I guess it depends on the game.

However, it only works for offline games unless you have scripts because memory values are validated server side as well so when you updated your client side memory value, the server ignores it and gives you your actual health it has stored not the "changed version".

VAC checks for any program running in the background...so if there's a program that's not on the safe list then it'll probably start banning. Like how some users can get banned for certain scripts.

I'm not sure how you can manage to get banned without cheating.

Good question. I'm sure that VAC occasionally flags someone incorrectly, just due to the massive amount of Steam Users - bugs are bound to happen.

But I have a hard time believing that any significant amount of people are banned unfairly.

So if you have something like Cheat Engine open and not using it in game, you'll get VAC banned for it.

Uhm... I'm sorry, but this seems sort of common sense to me. Don't leave a program called "Cheat Engine" running? Simple. Even if you use it for innocent offline singleplayer editing, use your damn brain and turn it off before logging in online.

People who cheat on their ALTs and forgot they have cheat engine open on their main account or they had Cheat engine on another game and forgot to close it.

I have no sympathy for people who cheat on their ALTs. If they forgot to turn off their cheating program when logging into their main account, well too fucking bad.

lawl, no fucking quarrel with them getting banned, fuck their couches.

Agreed.

If I recall correctly you could get VAC banned if someone sent you a message on IRC that had a portion of code from any known hacks in it while playing a VAC game because VAC actively scans your system memory. Systems like VAC and PunkBuster are necessary but still a HUGE pain in the ass sometimes for some people who legitimately aren't hacking. VAC is kinda shit because like 5% of all CSGO games I play still have a hacker in them.

Also my friend got VAC banned from Rust a long time ago because he deleted game textures so he could see through walls, pretty fucking stupid to VAC ban someone on a shit early access game for doing something so dumb and easy like going into the game folder and right clicking and deleting wall textures. The real kicker is he didn't get VAC banned while playing he got VAC banned the next day while he wasn't even playing it.

Can you provide a source for that IRC message thing? Also, how many steam users actually use IRC at all? a tiny fraction of the userbase to be sure. And out of those IRC users, how many have been sent hack code in a private message? Again, a tiny fraction of that already tiny fraction that is the IRC userbase.

Unjust bans are bad. No doubt about it. Anyone who feels they have been banned incorrectly should take it up with Valve Support.

Valve actually getting a proper goddamn support centre is an entirely different thread though :P

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Uhm... I'm sorry, but this seems sort of common sense to me. Don't leave a program called "Cheat Engine" running? Simple. Even if you use it for innocent offline singleplayer editing, use your damn brain and turn it off before logging in online.

I have no sympathy for people who cheat on their ALTs. If they forgot to turn off their cheating program when logging into their main account, well too fucking bad.

That actually happened with a couple of streamers who got VAC banned in game Cheat Engine open. Well their idiots for losing their 500+ dollar inventory.

That actually happened with a couple of streamers who got VAC banned in game Cheat Engine open. Well their idiots for losing their 500+ dollar inventory.

I'll put it this way, if you intentionally install a program that you know VAC will ban you for, even if using it for innocent purposes, then yes, you've got to use your brain, and make damn sure it's turned off at the appropriate time. It sucks for streamers who got VAC banned, but they must have known the risks of using that program. They should have been more careful.

Now if they were actually innocent of cheating, and were only using it for Offline Singleplayer games, then they should contact Valve Support and appeal the VAC ban.

Again, Valve having shitty (read: nonexistent) support is an entirely different problem.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Does VAC work like FairFight? If so it probably only gets 85% cheats and 15% non cheats. In servers with FairFight I get kicked if I find a way to get out of the map or on top of the mountain in Operation Locker (BF4).

Exploiting a map flaw is not cheating.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Does VAC work like FairFight? If so it probably only gets 85% cheats and 15% non cheats. In servers with FairFight I get kicked if I find a way to get out of the map or on top of the mountain in Operation Locker (BF4).

Exploiting a map flaw is not cheating.

That's actually up to the Devs to decide. If they decide that exploiting a map flow is cheating, and designate that as something that their anti-cheat system looks for, then, well, nothing you can do about that.

If the glitch gives you an obvious advantage against other players (Such as the Skywalking glitch in Op. Locker), then yes, I would consider that cheating.

I would also, however, expect the flaw to be reported to the devs quickly, and in turn, quickly fixed.

If they do not fix map glitches quickly, then I would suppose this as a good compromise:

I would still consider it cheating, but I would not make the anti-cheat system ban you. Perhaps just kick you from the server, with a popup explaining why, and then allow you to immediately rejoin the server.

Hmm how about the assloads of people wrongfully banned

They'll have to wait until Steam gets back to them. VAC ban isn't world ending though. if you care so much, create another account and play VAC games on there.

The real kicker is he didn't get VAC banned while playing he got VAC banned the next day while he wasn't even playing it.

Actually, that's by design. If hackers got banned immediately after hacking is detected, they would be able to better understand exactly what code tripped the anti-cheat system. Bans are usually done in "waves", so that those who were banned for hacking can't know specifically how they were caught.

I've played using steam for the better part of a decade, and while everyone has all these magical stories of everyone's "friend" getting banned, I haven't had any expirience with VAC whatsoever, good or bad, and neither has anyone I've interacted with. Like everything else, its a vocal minority.

Don't get me wrong, I know false positives are a real thing, just remember that people are more likely to go make a blog post about something bad happening to them than make a post whenever they play a game and have no issues.

F#$k timezone programming. Use UTC! (See XKCD #1883)

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5900x, MSI 3070Ti, 2 x 1 TiB SSDs, 32 GB 3400 DDR4, Cooler Master NR200P

lawl, no fucking quarrel with them getting banned, fuck their couches.

As a programmer I can't condemn it. It teaches a lot of useful skills. However if they're just script kiddies who can't even code there own hacks then yeah fuck em.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

Rofl, now if only Battle Eye could be as solid.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Technically closer to 97% on VAC 3 but the point still Stands.

OT:

83721784.jpg

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Hmm how about the assloads of people wrongfully banned

I know 2 people who were banned, they cheated. I have yet to interact with someone who wasn't banned for a good reason.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

That's actually up to the Devs to decide. If they decide that exploiting a map flow is cheating, and designate that as something that their anti-cheat system looks for, then, well, nothing you can do about that.

If the glitch gives you an obvious advantage against other players (Such as the Skywalking glitch in Op. Locker), then yes, I would consider that cheating.

I would also, however, expect the flaw to be reported to the devs quickly, and in turn, quickly fixed.

If they do not fix map glitches quickly, then I would suppose this as a good compromise:

I would still consider it cheating, but I would not make the anti-cheat system ban you. Perhaps just kick you from the server, with a popup explaining why, and then allow you to immediately rejoin the server.

BF4 has Punkbuster as their anti cheat but their servers have Fairfight, problem is the kick/ban parameters of the two can contradict each other sometimes which at rare times lets hackers through and stay, and BF4 servers have active admins to report to as often as having a discussion in Call of Duty voip that doesn't involve a 12 year old fucking someones mother.

Funniest part about my last FairFight autokick was it was on the Reddit Dog Tag Search server, no killing allowed, we were just searching for easter eggs. I have been kicked from Locker before for finding a way to climb the mountain, but things like that need a warning before kicking, I figured I wasn't supposed to get this far up but it is inside the map boundaries and flight ceiling so it should be fine. But on other maps there used to be areas where you could fall through to under the map by accident and get kicked.

But my opinion is that exploiting map flaws my be an asshole move if it gives an advantage, but they are open season until the dev fixes them or unless you play somewhere that specifically doesn't allow it (competitions and such).

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Rofl, now if only Battle Eye could be as solid.

So many times I have been kicked from Arma 2 for no reason!

Might add this later...

People that fall victim to this probably deserve it.

AllHokage, on 16 Dec 2015 - 02:02 AM, said:snapback.png

There has been a case where people got vac banned due new algorithm something valve tested, either way they corrected it and compensated victims with free games at the time, but in this case it was large group of players effected.

That's why I didn't put 100% and placed a *

Might add this later...

Technically closer to 97% on VAC 3 but the point still Stands.

OT:

83721784.jpg

I rang up Gaben for this information... So I think it's pretty legit.

Might add this later...