Tried to run Windows off of iGPU for troubleshooting but it doesn't boot

Yummychickenblue

Long story short my computer has been crashing way more frequently than it should. I reinstalled Windows didn't fix it so at this point I'm pretty sure it's a hardware problem. Memtest didn't reveal anything other than saying that my ram may have problems with larger flies, something about hammers and flipping. Trying my GPU. Uninstalled the driver for the 750Ti and (tried to) install the driver for the iGPU on my A8 6600K. Windows doesn't even boot into Safe Mode when using it though. Putting the 750Ti back in and Windows boots up fine though. Am I doing something wrong?

Have you tried clearing CMOS?

It'll post. I can get into the BIOS setup just fine. but Windows doesn't boot.

Long story short my computer has been crashing way more frequently than it should. I reinstalled Windows didn't fix it so at this point I'm pretty sure it's a hardware problem. Memtest didn't reveal anything other than saying that my ram may have problems with larger flies, something about hammers and flipping. Trying my GPU. Uninstalled the driver for the 750Ti and (tried to) install the driver for the iGPU on my A8 6600K. Windows doesn't even boot into Safe Mode when using it though. Putting the 750Ti back in and Windows boots up fine though. Am I doing something wrong?

If you can get into uefi/bios change the default gpu to igpu.

No, as in you should try clearing the CMOS (take the little battery out and put it back in) because that solves a supprising number of random ass issues.

Tried clearing the CMOS. Windows boots just fine now. Let's see if it fixes the crashing ( I kinda hope it doesn't)