Logitech G430 any good?

moderategamer

Does anyone have the Logitech G430 gaming headset and is it worth the purchase I'm not looking to spend too much money on my headset just looking for nice sounding 7.1 headset for battlefield.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

You could do much better, what is your budget?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

You could do much better, what is your budget?

Probably around £100 is the most I would want to sink in to a headset but I do want nice surround sound functionality for battlefield .

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

Don't bother with 'surround sound' headphones (or 'gaming' headsets either), you should get a good pair of stereo headphones and then get a decent clip on mic like the popular and very cheap Zalman clip on or the Antlion Modmic.

I'm guessing you budget is ~50 pounds considering the price of the G430. For that you could get a pair of Superflux 681 (or similar depending on what is available in your region) and a separate microphone. If you want to stretch your budget I would definitely recommend the Modmic.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Don't bother with 'surround sound' headphones (or 'gaming' headsets either), you should get a good pair of stereo headphones and then get a decent clip on mic like the popular and very cheap Zalman clip on or the Antlion Modmic.

I'm guessing you budget is ~50 pounds considering the price of the G430. For that you could get a pair of Superflux 681 (or similar depending on what is available in your region) and a separate microphone. If you want to stretch your budget I would definitely recommend the Modmic.

So does the surround sound in headphones just not work or are you just saying I should get a better quality pair of headphones for sound quality because I'm not too worried about quality as I have a nice speaker set up for everything other than games. 

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

So does the surround sound in headphones just not work or are you just saying I should get a better quality pair of headphones for sound quality because I'm not too worried about quality as I have a nice speaker set up for everything other than games. 

Do you currently have a pair of stereo headphones? If not, anyone in your house that has some? Go borrow a pair or whatever now and listen to this.

See, you do not need "surround sound" headphones, they are a gimmick.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Do you currently have a pair of stereo headphones? If not, anyone in your house that has some? Go borrow a pair or whatever now and listen to this.

See, you do not need "surround sound" headphones, they are a gimmick.

yeah I have some sennheiser headphones thanks for that is there a program I can use to get visualised surround sound on a regular pair of stereo headphones  

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

yeah I have some sennheiser headphones thanks for that is there a program I can use to get visualised surround sound on a regular pair of stereo headphones  

lol.

I think we're getting beyond the realm of "audio" here and more into "gaming peripherals" land.

lol.

I think we're getting beyond the realm of "audio" here and more into "gaming peripherals" land.

Why thats what surround headphones are stereo headphones with visualized surround.

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

Why thats what surround headphones are stereo headphones with visualized surround.

"visualized"?

Or do you mean virtual.

"visualized"?

Or do you mean virtual.

I see never noticed that thats spell checker for ya

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

I see never noticed that thats spell checker for ya

The funny thing is some software actually does claim to "visualize" where the sounds are coming from.

To answer your question, you can add virtual surround to any headphone with Razer surround, or any soundcard that supports a surround DSP like Dolby Headphone.

I could go on quite a rant about how horrible the G430s are, from the mic to the sound. You might be better with tin cans.

Main Rig:  CPU i5-4670k   MOBO Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI   GPU GTX 980ti    RAM 8GB  STORAGE 128GB ADATA(OS)/250GB Samsung 850 EVO(APPS)/3TB WD Red

AUDIO: AMP/DAC TEAC AI-301DA SPEAKERS: Cambridge Audio SX50 Phones: Philips Fidelio X1