Intel Launching ‘Skull Canyon’ Platform In Q1 2016

AresKrieger

Well, I wouldn't exactly call the amazing. I have yet to see anyone actually using them as a office PC.

But, what is the benefit of its mobility over, let say, a laptop? You would need to bring keyboard and mouse anyway. 

I don't see that as NUC viable future, not as a portable device.

Agreed. I think they have better hopes of being  some kind of SOHO server

ESXi SysAdmin

I have more cores/threads than you...and I use them all

Well, I wouldn't exactly call the amazing. I have yet to see anyone actually using them as a office PC.

But, what is the benefit of its mobility over, let say, a laptop? You would need to bring keyboard and mouse anyway.

I don't see that as NUC viable future, not as a portable device.

Come to my university. Most of the open labs (meant for printing and working remotely) at my university are now NUCs. The maintenance cost of NUCs is practically nothing other than dusting once a week.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Iris Pro is ransomware. An enthusiast would want a laptop for portable Iris Pro, except Intel made them MacBook exclusive. Now they're set to farm them out on the NUC form factor to convert people over to their own proprietary 100% profit platform that doesn't require board partners or barely any outside contracts. An enthusiast wouldn't play into their hands, not with a poker face this bad.

What idiot told you Iris Pro was MacBook exclusive? It most certainly is not. Apple pushed Intel to develop it, but there are many laptops out there now with Iris Pro.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

So is this going to be limited to just NUCs?

If it will people will buy, Intel will sell.

I've lost track of Intel's naming scheme. kaby baby flaby naby skylake. broadlake? no wait? idk.

Come to my university. Most of the open labs (meant for printing and working remotely) at my university are now NUCs. The maintenance cost of NUCs is practically nothing other than dusting once a week.

The maintenance cost of a regular system is also practically nothing.

Really, I see NUC as been in an area of conflict between smaller systems (intel compute stick, and the like) and regular systems.

I do like apples mac mini, and was hoping it to contend it.

Please avoid feeding the argumentative narcissistic academic monkey.

"the last 20 percent – going from demo to production-worthy algorithm – is both hard and is time-consuming. The last 20 percent is what separates the men from the boys" - Mobileye CEO