need advice for choosing psu

Gypsy
Go to solution Solved by TheRandomness,

If you haven't bought it yet, the R9 380 is a much better graphics card for the price. Also, 850W is waaay too much, a 550W would be fine but if you have to choose between the two Seasonic all the way.

good day ! I need some advice on which psu should I get for the rig I'm currently building; 

cpu: i5-4460

gpu: asus strix gtx 960

motherboard: asus z97 pro gamer

ram: gskills 4x2 ddr3 1600mhz

ssd: samsung evo 120gb

hdd: seagate 1tb barracuda

lcs: corsair h70

case: bitfenix shadow

my options which is available in my area are seasonic m12ii 850w evo and a corsair rm650. Is a 850w psu too much for my rig ?

If you haven't bought it yet, the R9 380 is a much better graphics card for the price. Also, 850W is waaay too much, a 550W would be fine but if you have to choose between the two Seasonic all the way.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

850W way overkill, 500W would be sufficient. I would go for 550W though

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

i bought the gtx 960 cause it was on sale. i could try buying a seasonic 620w through shipment but the price difference is around $6 only because the 850w is also on sale atm. thank you for your response btw  :)