Microsoft to start certifying Linux

100515-microsoft-linux-100619799-primary

In an unexpected move, MS as deiced to, beggining today, release a Linux Certification  :o  :o  :o

Yes, you heard it right: MS. Linux. Certification.

This certificate will be available for all those who'll want to use Linux on the Azure platform. This certifacate is already available on MS's website and as been named MCSA Linux on Azure. and to obtain it you'll have to pass the eaxam 70-533 and the Certified System Administrator of the Linux Foundation

source: https://rcpmag.com/articles/2015/12/11/microsoft-linux-cert-program.aspx

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Yeah this was announced a little while back, pretty stoked.

"Epic Voice, Quality Content"

Remember when Steve Ballmer called Linux a "cancer"?

Steve was special to begin with.

WARNING: Steve Ballmer

Microsoft Azure must be able to run dozens of linux distros, Microsoft are pushing the new cloud service hard. So it would make sense for them to offer a cert.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

It's simple business.

Linux is king in the server world, if MS want azure to succeed then they really have no choice but to do this.

I'm still kinda hoping they port some of .net over to Linux and bring some native parity and compatibility, yeah I know that'll never happen but one can dream, after all they just updated Visual Studios compiler to support Linux code natively.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

This has been known for a while. It's part of Nadya's strategy, also why most got Windows 10 for free he basically wants to move all their business to cloud stuff not OS development.

Anyway dear MS: We do not see eye to eye but if you also bring Excel to Linux, we'll be cool for a long while.

-------

Current Rig

-------