So I got a Samsung Chromebook running an ARM CPU duel core 1.7Ghz 2GB DDR3. I have recently got Crouton Ubuntu and ChromeOS running and can switch in between them without rebooting, worked first try. Once I turned it off and later that day turned it back on I got a problem.

I turn it on and it automatically brings me to the ChromeOS login which is no problem I can login there. If I want to login to Crouton I need to hit Ctrl-alt-shift-backward or forward to switch between them. I get to the little prompt screen and enter my chronos localhost login user and than my password. I'm than suppose to type sudo startunity due to the fact I wanted the Ubuntu interface rather than XFCE. When I do that it black screens for like a split second and brings me back to the ChromeOS login. Anybody got any ideas, tips, or suggestions?

Thanks!

CPU - I7 4770k @ 4.3GHz GPU - EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Motherboard - ASUS Maximus VI Extreme RAM - 16GB of Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 2133MHz  Case - Corsair 800D PSU - Corsair AX1,200i CPU Cooler - Custom Liquid CPU Cooler SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Hard Drive - Western Digital Black 1TB.

Solved: This is why I shouldn't be doing this around 2am in the morning!

Solution: Once logged into ChromeOS ctrl-alt-t, next type shell, than type sudo startunity.

Maybe one day somebody will stumble upon this and it can help them, don't I feel stupid!

CPU - I7 4770k @ 4.3GHz GPU - EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Motherboard - ASUS Maximus VI Extreme RAM - 16GB of Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 2133MHz  Case - Corsair 800D PSU - Corsair AX1,200i CPU Cooler - Custom Liquid CPU Cooler SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Hard Drive - Western Digital Black 1TB.

Haha nice I'll have to keep that in mind if I ever pick one up.