Dropped phone in some water...

WillFromGA

Hey guys, so I dropped my phone in the toilet (don't ask how, and it was clean water too) and immediately got it out of the water. When I took it out, I turned the screen on to turn the phone off and everything was working then (touchscreen and the screen.) I then wrapped it in a towel to dry it. Also, because the phone was working fine, I didn't think of putting it rice.

After an hour or so, I had to leave my house so I got my phone, turned it on and went on with my day with no problems until I went to charge it. 

While the phone is on, it does not charge at all. While the phone is off, it will charge, but only for about five seconds then stop accepting charge for 5 seconds then start charging and so on and so on. 

I figured fuck... So, I went and got a back up phone and used that. 

Fast forward a couple of weeks to yesterday and I wanted to try and see if my phone worked. So I put it on charged and it charged perfectly fine both on and off. So then I started to use that for my daily driver. Then that same day, a couple of hours later, I tried to charge it and the same thing happened as before.

Does anyone know what could be wrong other than water damage?

The thing that throws me off is that it worked again of the of the clear blue but then stopped. 

Do you think that resetting the phone might do something?

The phone is a One Plus One.

Thanks for all of your help!

My Computer

Beef Cake

Intel i5 4690k @ 3.5GHz - EVGA 970 FTW - ASRock Z97 Extreme3 - Kingston HyperX Fury 8Gb 1866MHz - 120GB Samsung Evo - 1TB Toshiba Drive - 320GB Samsung Barracuda - Corsair 500M

Rusted battery contacts?

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

You passed electricity though the water, this created corrosion across any energized metals. Take the phone apart and scrub everything with any corrosion with an ESD safe brush and rubbing alcohol (or a toothbrush and rubbing alcohol because yolo)

Probably a connection somewhere near the battery got messed up because of the water, but not completely broken. The battery is probably the worst thing to get water on because it actually provides power to the device, so if there's no battery it's much harder for water to damage electronics. What you're experiencing almost certainly is water damage.

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

Put it in a rice bag and remove the battery if you can.

|| CPU - i7 4790K @4.6GHz || GPU - MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G || Motherboard - Asus Z97-A || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury @1866MHz |Case Be quiet! Silent Base 800 ||

|| CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO || Storage - Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate Barracuda 2TB (+ WD Caviar Green 2TB) ||

|| Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core || Keyboard - Corsair K70 (MX Red) ||

You can probably save it. Try giving it a isopaply alcohol bath 

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT