Hey guys! Heres my updated first build

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/gTtC7P

THIS IS MY FIRST BUID. I want to oc a little bit and hoping to get comments from you guys cause i have little experience in computer hardware although ive done research and watch linus build pcs so i have an idea on how to but i am not sure.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I need some pro tips and comments from experienced builders. Looking forward to your insights.(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

Looks great, nothing really to complain about. A lot of people will argue to get a R9 390 instead but just know the R9 390 and GTX 970 perform essentially the same and the 390's 8GB frame buffer means nothing because it is not nearly powerful enough to use it.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

Overall balanced build, I would get a mobo that supports sli though just so you have that option. 

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/gTtC7P

THIS IS MY FIRST BUID. I want to oc a little bit and hoping to get comments from you guys cause i have little experience in computer hardware although ive done research and watch linus build pcs so i have an idea on how to but i am not sure.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I need some pro tips and comments from experienced builders. Looking forward to your insights.(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

An R9 390 edges out the 970 in most situations. At its slightly lower price and higher VRAM (8GB in total), this is a better option.

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

Looks great, nothing really to complain about. A lot of people will argue to get a R9 390 instead 

^^^called it 

I used to be quite active here.

Here are some things to consider:

-A skylake build would be better and cost not that much more

-A 390 generally outperforms a 970 with over twice the vram

-That cooler is overkill for overclocking a little 

^^^called it 

Called the 390 arguing? lol yup.

People need to realize the R9 390 and 970 perform almost identically except where one card edges out the other in certain titles. People also need to realize that the R9 390 cannot use the 8GB frame buffer and is simply a bragging point by AMD.

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

Here are some things to consider:

-A skylake build would be better and cost not that much more

-A 390 generally outperforms a 970 with over twice the vram

-That cooler is overkill for overclocking a little 

The 390's extra VRAM doesn't mean anything when it's not powerful enough to use it all.

People need to realize the R9 390 and 970 perform almost identically except where one card edges out the other in certain titles. People also need to realize that the R9 390 cannot use the 8GB frame buffer and is simply a bragging point by AMD.

people say that the 960 cant even power the 4 gb, and they are wrong it can... so can the 390 with 8 gigs

The only place I would absolutely never buy the 970 is in use cases like heavily modded Skyrim (that 3.5GB high speed frame buffer goes away quick with those crazy mods!) That, or people going 1440p with these GPUs. The performance gap gets wider with the higher resolutions. 

I'd get what preforms best for my money. The 390 usually beats the 970. Even if only by a few FPS, it's still "better." If you need CUDA or Shadowplay then the 970 is still an awesome GPU. But it's usually so close at 1080p that either is great. 

I used to be quite active here.

people say that the 960 cant even power the 4 gb, and they are wrong it can... so can the 390 with 8 gigs

Check out this video where the 8GB's literally makes NO difference.

The 390's extra VRAM doesn't mean anything when it's not powerful enough to use it all.

It is powerful enough to use over 4, just because games don't usually use up to 3.5 gb of vram now I can assure you they will in the future. 

It is powerful enough to use over 4, just because games don't usually use up to 3.5 gb of vram now I can assure you they will in the future. 

and I know that- but I'm just saying that the R9 390 isn't powerful enough to use all 8GB's and as games get more demanding it probably won't be powerful enough to use 4.

Now im just confused. I did some research and found out that the r9 390 is slightly faster than the gtx 980 but im not really sure.

Can you guys tell me ow the two performs based on temps and which i should go for

Comparative build:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£200.00 @ Novatech)
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler  (£24.99 @ Ebuyer)
Motherboard: MSI Z170-A PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£82.99 @ Ebuyer)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£92.89 @ More Computers)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£58.07 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£34.98 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 390 8GB PCS+ Video Card  (£246.53 @ More Computers)
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case  (£99.59 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Power Supply: XFX 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£62.98 @ Aria PC)  <<550W is enough, this was the right price.  You would need around 850W for a second GPU.
Total: £903.02
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-11 09:35 GMT+0000

Ready for a second R9 390:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£200.00 @ Novatech)
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler  (£24.99 @ Ebuyer)
Motherboard: MSI Z170-A PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£82.99 @ Ebuyer)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£92.89 @ More Computers)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£58.07 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£34.98 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 390 8GB PCS+ Video Card  (£246.53 @ More Computers)
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case  (£99.59 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Power Supply: XFX 850W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£79.00 @ Aria PC)
Total: £919.04
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-11 09:38 GMT+0000