Wow, Urgent help, Constant beeps and then restart

StareX
Go to solution Solved by Ophidio,

Constant beeping tends to be an issue with either memory or a video card. try just one stick of ram and the onboard graphics if you have onboard graphics. 

Wooow.. What is going on?

Let's begin from the start. There I was trying to overclock my card, and did rethink it. After rethinking it I decided to put it on stock clocks and use Guru3D Uninstaller to uninstall the drivers. (My GPU's LEDs acted up so doing that solves them) Now I picked the "Uninstall and shutdown" option and then when it finished it shutdown.

Now as I was going to my case, I pulled my card out, and looked at it for awhile just ya know for admiring it, put it back in and fired up my PC but hold on... I now hear constant beeps coming from my PC like unstop beeps and now I'm worried, wtf did I just do? Or what the hell happened?

Now yeah, I know this might be a RAM issue so the first thing I did was reseat the RAM sticks, tried only 2 but no.

Now I thought it was my GPU so I replaced it with an older one, but the problem consists even there.

I tried to Hard BIOS reset my PC (By not letting go off the power button for 10 seconds) and no luck.

The PC doesn't boot ok? It simply does the annoying beeps and restarts and starts over..

Did I just burn my motherboard? And how the fuck did I do it???? Or I don't know.. Wtf happened?

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

Not sure if it's the same but I've had somewhat the same issue before. Once  my motherboard would try to boot but it would be stuck at the Asus boot screen, it would beep once saying everything was fine but obviously nothing was fine. Ended up RMAing the mobo. Anyway, how many beeps are you getting before it reboots? Generally motherboards will beep a certain amount of times before rebooting to tell you what the problem is. 

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

approximately 30 beeps and restarting

Ask me anything.

Take the gfx card out and try to boot using onboard vga. Beep codes vary between manufacturer I believe. But is there any pattern to them? Ex. two short beeps, long beep, pause...?

Again, Constant beep .. Like "Beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep" Constantly.. Then shuts off and restarts.

Ask me anything.

Constant beeping tends to be an issue with either memory or a video card. try just one stick of ram and the onboard graphics if you have onboard graphics. 

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

Wow update .. Okay seems like it was RAM.. But wtf how? ... Using only 2 RaM sticks now. One stick on the left side next to the CPU and one on the left of the right one at the end

Ask me anything.

yep, motherboards can be bitchy sometimes when you decide to change something or just clean something. At least everything seems to be working okay for you now?..

Ohh.. Works now.

Lesson learned, since 2012 I had this setup with me. Today I learned that if I nag my PC and beat it up it'll spit me out like a hardens virus and insult me till I fall down to my knees.

Aka, I won't freaking OC this PC until I'm getting watercooling so fuck this.

Btw.. Is 67.9% a good ASIC score for a GTX 980 Ti ? :|.. Random question but ya know.

Issue fixed.

Ask me anything.