Computer failing to restart...

beaker15

I've got an odd issue, my main desktop computer is failing to restart. What I mean by that that is that when ever the computer attempt to restart or I restart it (even by changing a BIOS setting and it restarts itself) the monitors will shut off (not blank) but the power light along with all the fans and other indicators will stay on. So then I have to hold the power button or turn off power to it. I believe that it is not a OS issue and I have loaded default BIOS settings and still does it. Next move? should I clear the CMOS? Any advice would be great.

When I restart my PC the LED's in my case and the lights on the mobo don't turn off either

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

I've got an odd issue, my main desktop computer is failing to restart. What I mean by that that is that when ever the computer attempt to restart or I restart it (even by changing a BIOS setting and it restarts itself) the monitors will shut off (not blank) but the power light along with all the fans and other indicators will stay on. So then I have to hold the power button or turn off power to it. I believe that it is not a OS issue and I have loaded default BIOS settings and still does it. Next move? should I clear the CMOS? Any advice would be great.

Yeah try the CMOS and try to boot in safe mode too.

|| CPU - i7 4790K @4.6GHz || GPU - MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G || Motherboard - Asus Z97-A || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury @1866MHz |Case Be quiet! Silent Base 800 ||

|| CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO || Storage - Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate Barracuda 2TB (+ WD Caviar Green 2TB) ||

|| Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core || Keyboard - Corsair K70 (MX Red) ||

When restarting the system doesn't turn off anything, it only restarts the software.

What OS are you using? And you mean only when restarting? Or for instance, if you click shut down and then go to power back up, it restores your session?

The power indicator staying on during a restart isn't abnormal to my knowledge... but it should still shut the system down, post, run through the boot process, and take you back to your OS.

When restarting the system doesn't turn off anything, it only restarts the software.

I do get that but it doesn't turn back on after. So its not even restarting the software.

When I restart my PC the LED's in my case and the lights on the mobo don't turn off either

Yes but does your screen come back on and boot into your OS after restart? 

Yes but does your screen come back on and boot into your OS after restart? 

It does yes, maybe your PC is slow and takes a while before it restarts? idk

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

It does yes, maybe your PC is slow and takes a while before it restarts? idk

No, its old but in 30 minutes nothing, Its not that slow especially since im using an SSD.