Some e-cigarette flavors contain chemical linked to 'popcorn lung' disease

Advanced_Computers_Tech

The Verge has posted an interesting article regarding the use of e-Cigarettes; http://www.theverge.com/2015/12/8/9873458/e-cigarette-vape-lung-disease-diacetyl-cupcake-cotton-candy

The article has some very interesting findings and may lead to regulations on the use of these so called safe alternative devices in both public and private venues or places. We may see a similar restaurant/bar ban of these products in the near future. 

Building and Repairing Custom desktop computers and Laptops since 1998. Gaming rigs built to exceed customers expectations build to order using AMD or Intel CPUs and ATI or Nvidia graphics.     Windows, Mac, and Linux OS.

I've suffered from Bronchiolitis Obliterans my entire life (I have been reduced to ~30% lung function) and it is definitely not fun. I do not wish this fate on anybody so if you are inhaling these flavours, I beg you to please stop now.

All of this shit is bad for you, yet people still do it. 

people think e-cigarettes dont contain any harmful chemicals

lol

thats so wrong

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

IMO smoking is bad to your health

be it the normal stick or this

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

I don't see why people like doing shit like smoking, vaping, etc... I think it's all just money wasting garbage.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I've suffered from Bronchiolitis Obliterans my entire life (I have been reduced to ~30% lung function) and it is definitely not fun. I do not wish this fate on anybody so if you are inhaling these flavours, I beg you to please stop now.

Oh man, that sounds awful. I hope things get better? (if they can?)

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Thank you for the kind words. Perhaps at some point in the future they will perfect organ cloning (at least in my life time) where they can replace my lungs and I will have full capacity, or perhaps they will have some kind of remedy wherein I can be healed by some kind of substance being entered into my lungs... but for now I am afraid there is no "cure"--just preventative measures for exacerbations and managing my health so I don't get sick. I rarely get sick, to be honest, but when I do... it honestly makes me want to die.

You may want to add some quotes from the article.

As for the e-cigs, meh, plenty of things are harmful for humans yet they keep doing it.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Coffee is bad for us. Starbucks is pretty successful. Hell, so is alcohol. How many of you drink? To many to count?

Coffee is bad for us. Starbucks is pretty successful. Hell, so is alcohol. How many of you drink? To many to count?

But you have to keep things in perspective. Alcohol and coffee are pretty bad. This stuff is now linked directly with a pretty horrible disease with some big chances of getting it. More importantly the smoke can also be inhaled by the people sitting next to you. Which makes it quite a bit more horrible.

(and for the record, I don't smoke nor drink)

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

im screwed 

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

what about homemade e-liquid (I don't vape but I'm pretty curious about all this thing cause I know lot of people that vape)

Most ecig users have known about DA and AP being present in flavorings used to make eliquid. It's worst in custards, vanilla, and buttery flavorings. I make my own eliquid and check to make sure the flavorings don't contain DA or AP, but that still doesn't make it harmless.

Yes some ejucie may have some Diacetyl within it and that is not "safe" the article and many other trying to give this terrible impression on vaping miss many things.

First, this article give no exact juice brands so where's the evidence there?

(would love to see it actually)

Second, it does not give an amount of Diacetyl within each juice. From what I've read is mostly extremely small to "harmless" amounts.

Third, vaping is primarily a alternative to smoking, smoking has somewhere around 10 times the amount of Diacetyl within a cigarette and this article fails to even compare the two. Not even thinking about the other thousands of chemicals within a cigarette.

While vaping is not "perfect" it is a much safer alternative. It may be slightly harmful yes but there are several other things humans do that can be just as if not more harmful.

Don't let fear mongering articles like these sway you.

I would love to see some real studies with real name brand juice and devices so we can see exactly what goes on.

But watch for things like "government funded" (I don't believe it was this exact article but another reporting the same study states this) government funded mostly means big tabbaco companies. Who want your tabbaco money.

Oh smoking is bad for your lungs? Who could've thought of that  :rolleyes:

I find titles like these always very vague and not even caution inducing.

1(of how many?) chemical was 'linked' to a certain disease.

Wow, really got the fear going with such a statement. If people were living in a bubble maybe.

Not that I smoke or Vape but still, just a very uninteresting title.