Does This Male Have An Accent

Dragontamercos

Relative to what?  I haven't even watched it, but I'm assuming it's in english, in which case, what is having an accent?  There are so many varieties, even within the country it came from.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Don't know about an accent, but he sure can't talk very well. 

Hes reading this you know~!

A human who wants so destroy all else

-demonic satan Duane

Don't know about an accent, but he sure can't talk very well. 

I have a bad habit of assuming everyone from the UK has an effective masters degree in English, but in this case I'm going to try to push that aside so I can bring myself to ask this: Shouldn't that be "can't speak very well"?  

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

You really didn't provide us with good source material. The audio quality is trash and he doesn't speak continuously for any significant length of time. Some accents are very subtle and take a while to pick up on.

He sounds like he's from the east coast us. Definitely has a tiny bit of an accent.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I have a bad habit of assuming everyone from the UK has an effective masters degree in English, but in this case I'm going to try to push that aside so I can bring myself to ask this: Shouldn't that be "can't speak very well"?  

If you wanted to be really specific, I suppose 'speak' would be the correct term, but they're pretty much synonymous in modern English. Neither words are incorrect. 

(Kind of like 'who' and 'whom'. While there are subtle differences, they're typically considered synonymous in modern English.)

American. last person I knew with this accent was from new england. (Top of the east coast of the USA)

"Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." Richard Fynman

Relative to what?  I haven't even watched it, but I'm assuming it's in english, in which case, what is having an accent?  There are so many varieties, even within the country it came from.

Considering English comes from England I guess in theory the English don't have an accent and everyone else does. That being said, I think it's more of a matter of perspective considering Americans (including myself) don't have that they have any accent and the Brits and Aussi's do when that's not actually the case. On a derailed sidenote, English is all kinds of fucked up anyway.

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

I think he sounds American

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

US North Eastern

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

He sounds like he's from the east coast us. Definitely has a tiny bit of an accent.

The East Coast is the coast. The best one. Not looking to start an argument, but we're always right when it comes to pronunciation. Like the word route (which is said like "root") and data (which is said "day-ta").

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

If you wanted to be really specific, I suppose 'speak' would be the correct term, but they're pretty much synonymous in modern English. Neither words are incorrect. 

(Kind of like 'who' and 'whom'. While there are subtle differences, they're typically considered synonymous in modern English.)

By modern english, do you mean legitimately any english "these days", even as it would appear in a dictionary, or are you referring to the way most people use it in common conversation (what it's degraded to simply out of laziness)?  Like, people who say "... that's the most unique ..."

Considering English comes from England I guess in theory the English don't have an accent and everyone else does. That being said, I think it's more of a matter of perspective considering Americans (including myself) don't have that they have any accent and the Brits and Aussi's do when that's not actually the case. On a derailed sidenote, English is all kinds of fucked up anyway.

But, that still doesn't work since all of England doesn't have just one "accent".  Even within London it can vary a lot, never mind the whole country...

The East Coast is the coast. The best one. Not looking to start an argument, but we're always right when it comes to pronunciation. Like the word route (which is said like "root") and data (which is said "day-ta").

i meant east coast as in boston/nyc accent. Im sure you know what im talking about. It really comes out when he says "seashells by the sea shore"

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

You really didn't provide us with good source material. The audio quality is trash and he doesn't speak continuously for any significant length of time. Some accents are very subtle and take a while to pick up on.

I couldnt get him too

and he has a bad microphone

-demonic satan Duane

I couldnt get him too

and he has a bad microphone

Are you gonna give us an answer as to where he's from?

"Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." Richard Fynman

Yes he does, he's also purposefully trying to speak as flat toned as he can in this clip.

He has an inflection towards the mids and rolls the ends of his words, particularly with "t"s that come at the end, he rolls them just like most every other american, particularly on the west coast.

However, his pattern of speech is not regular, its choppy, his inflection changes, and you can hear it in the way he stresses words around particularly giving syllables; In short, yes he does have an accent. I'f I had to guess he's west coast U.S./Canada. He's also trying very hard to keep his voice as mono-toned as possible during certain areas that would tell us right away that he's got an accent.

TLDR:

Yes he does. 70% sure its West Coast America, 30% Sure its West Coast Canada.

He's also trying very hard to NOT show his accent. His inflection and speech pattern vary too much during sentences, either he has a speech impediment, or is very bad at faking.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

By modern english, do you mean legitimately any english "these days", even as it would appear in a dictionary, or are you referring to the way most people use it in common conversation (what it's degraded to simply out of laziness)?  Like, people who say "... that's the most unique ..."

I mean the English that is generally accepted and taught. Not by the literal meaning, which is English as it has been since around 1550 (including the various dialects). 

Basically, unless you're taking a high level exam for English language, you're not going to be marked down for using the 'wrong' word when (in this case, both) have broadly similar meanings. 

I mean the English that is generally accepted and taught. Not by the literal meaning, which is English as it has been since around 1550 (including the various dialects). 

Basically, unless you're taking a high level exam for English language, you're not going to be marked down for using the 'wrong' word when (in this case, both) have broadly similar meanings. 

well alright then :)

This is what pissed me off about Americans the first time i started speaking to them, are they honestly that ignorant to think they don't have an accent but everyone else does? EVERYONE HAS AN ACCENT!!

This is what pissed me off about Americans the first time i started speaking to them, are they honestly that ignorant to think they don't have an accent but everyone else does? EVERYONE HAS AN ACCENT!!

He claimed to not have one He is american I am american I had to prove him wrong

-demonic satan Duane

Yes he does, he's also purposefully trying to speak as flat toned as he can in this clip.

He has an inflection towards the mids and rolls the ends of his words, particularly with "t"s that come at the end, he rolls them just like most every other american, particularly on the west coast.

However, his pattern of speech is not regular, its choppy, his inflection changes, and you can hear it in the way he stresses words around particularly giving syllables; In short, yes he does have an accent. I'f I had to guess he's west coast U.S./Canada. He's also trying very hard to keep his voice as mono-toned as possible during certain areas that would tell us right away that he's got an accent.

TLDR:

Yes he does. 70% sure its West Coast America, 30% Sure its West Coast Canada.

He's also trying very hard to NOT show his accent. His inflection and speech pattern vary too much during sentences, either he has a speech impediment, or is very bad at faking.

Nah we where in a long conversation and we got into it after talking about someone speaking Chinese in a anime

then we got into the debate of........... Accents how she may of learned Japanese Then this happened he was probably nevus

-demonic satan Duane