Black Ice SR-2 or EK Coolstream XE and suitable fans

vong

Hi,

Looking to build a new loop next year and would like to know which radiator would be better for silent operation and which fans to suit.

I've always been looking at EK radiators but Black Ice radiators have become available locally now.

I'll be getting a 480 rad for the top and a 240 rad for the bottom in a Phanteks Enthoo Primo case, top will be pull and bottom will be push. They'll be cooling a cpu and 2 graphics cards.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

I don't know much about radiators but I know that EK Vardar fans are pretty nice for static pressure. Otherwise, Noctua NF-F12s are a good bet, or Corsair SP120s/140s, but the Corsair ones are meant to be louder.

Sig under construction.

I don't know much about radiators but I know that EK Vardar fans are pretty nice for static pressure. Otherwise, Noctua NF-F12s are a good bet, or Corsair SP120s/140s, but the Corsair ones are meant to be louder.

Don't forget good ol' Gentle Typhoons. I love those.

Yeah, got the EK Vardar fans on the list.

Don't forget good ol' Gentle Typhoons. I love those.

Can't source them locally.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

Yeah, got the EK Vardar fans on the list.

Can't source them locally.

I think Amazon ships them internationally. Get them if you can, they are some of the best fans out there, in terms of build quality, the amount of frickin' air they push out and how incredibly quiet they are when doing so.

Hi,

Looking to build a new loop next year and would like to know which radiator would be better for silent operation and which fans to suit.

I've always been looking at EK radiators but Black Ice radiators have become available locally now.

I'll be getting a 480 rad for the top and a 240 rad for the bottom in a Phanteks Enthoo Primo case, top will be pull and bottom will be push. They'll be cooling a cpu and 2 graphics cards.

Both are good radiators, see this link as I was looking myself for a 420 (blaze it!) rad in january.

http://www.xtremerigs.net/2015/02/11/radiator-round-2015/10/

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

For rads I think you should opt for an SR-2 or drop down to an EK PE.

If you can change to push/pull or are prepared to deal with higher RPM (~1300rpm) push only then EK XE all the way.

Xtreme Rigs article posted above has tonnes of great data if you have the time.

After some research I opted for the Vardar F4-120ER, which I picked up on special on Black Friday sales.

They will be setup for low RPM push on EK PE rads