Climb Mount Everest in VR

post-50860-0-07171200-1449506620.jpg

A studio by the name of Sólfar secures $2.1M to recreate Everest in stunning detail and scale. Sólfar are teaming up with RVX, Nordic’s leading visual effects and animation house, to deliver the experience to VR headsets next year.

“In forming this VR expeditionary force with RVX, our mission is to construct the definitive experience of what it feels like to climb Mount Everest, an epic feat that most will never attempt in the real world,” said Kjartan Pierre Emilsson CEO and co-founder at Sólfar. “By combining incomparable visual fidelity with real player agency and interactivity, EVEREST VR will immerse you in a virtual reality that feels both real and emotionally stunning.”

I believe experiences like this is where VR really demonstrates its belonging. If done correctly, I could see immersive experiences like this being very successful.

‘Everest VR’ is an experience that lets you experience an authentic expedition to Mount Everest, from preparing for your expedition at Basecamp, you will traverse the Khumbu Icefalls, scale Lhotse Face, ascend the Hillary Step, and finally conquer the summit of Everest. “If you learn to respect the mountain, you may even survive the encounter. You will leave the experience feeling like you were there.”

Video (not sure why it isn't embedding)

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Looks pretty interesting.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

Looks interesting, although I'm not quite sure how immersive everything but the visuals would be.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

I hope to one day climb it for real.  At the top I will yell the most obscene, random thing I can imagine at the time and then climb back down.  It will be the high point of my life.  Literally.