My laptop isn't working anymore after cleaning it with water.

Zyre

My best friend told me to use water in cleaning the laptop. Put the tile in every nook and cranny.

Now my laptop isn't turning on anymore. What did I do wrong?

what

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

My best friend told me to use water in cleaning the laptop. Put the tile in every nook and cranny.

Remove the battery and tilt the laptop on it's side (if you have some fans place them to blow on the laptop) and wait a couple of weeks (to dry up inside) and try turning it on again.

You cleaned it with water.

Water and electronics usually dont go well together.

[GUIDE] LGA 771 Mod for Dell Vostro 220 [GUIDE] LGA 775 BSEL Mod [BUILD] The Mighty Radeon-Powered Dell [VIDEO] Evolution of Intel CPUs

Can you game on an 8-year-old i7? Is the 4-year-old GTX 660 still relevant? Upgrading the HP Pro 3500

Main Rig:

Spoiler

CPU Intel Core i7 4930k @ 4.3GHz | Motherboard ASUS P9X79 Deluxe | RAM Hynix 32GB (8x4GB) 2133MHz CL11 | GPU Gigabyte GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | Case NZXT Phantom 410 | Storage Samsung 850EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU Cooler Master G650M (650W) | Monitors x1 Dell U2515H, x2 Dell 1907FP | Cooling Noctua NH-D14 w. x2 NF-F12 iPPC-2000 PWM | Keyboard Logitech G610 ORION BROWN | Mouse Logitech Performance MX | OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64

:blink:  ammmmmmmm........................................................... ok.......

You cleaned it with water.

Water and electronics usually dont go well together.

I got tolled water would clean the little transistors allowing more power to go trough it.

I got tolled water would clean the little transistors allowing more power to go trough it.

What?

[GUIDE] LGA 771 Mod for Dell Vostro 220 [GUIDE] LGA 775 BSEL Mod [BUILD] The Mighty Radeon-Powered Dell [VIDEO] Evolution of Intel CPUs

Can you game on an 8-year-old i7? Is the 4-year-old GTX 660 still relevant? Upgrading the HP Pro 3500

Main Rig:

Spoiler

CPU Intel Core i7 4930k @ 4.3GHz | Motherboard ASUS P9X79 Deluxe | RAM Hynix 32GB (8x4GB) 2133MHz CL11 | GPU Gigabyte GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | Case NZXT Phantom 410 | Storage Samsung 850EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU Cooler Master G650M (650W) | Monitors x1 Dell U2515H, x2 Dell 1907FP | Cooling Noctua NH-D14 w. x2 NF-F12 iPPC-2000 PWM | Keyboard Logitech G610 ORION BROWN | Mouse Logitech Performance MX | OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64

Dat heb jij godverdomme verdiend...

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Well i think you just got trolled

Do you guys legitimately not think this guy is just trolling?

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

you should help the mate that told you that by returning the favor to his pc... get a bucket of water and wet his case with all in it a little bit

this just doubles his internet surfing speed

you know surfing needs water and a dry pc runs tooooo slow /s

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

Trolling isn't allowed in the CoC iirc.

Oh I didn't now. Just wanted to bring a giggle to the forum on this Monday. 

Come on guys. I know it's Monday but damn did you fall for this.

Oh well. Love you all :)

Can't believe I was the only person who even suggested you might be trolling. People are too trusting on this forum :P

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

Can't believe I was the only person who even suggested you might be trolling. People are too trusting on this forum :P

Unfortunately people like this (those who actually think that washing their laptop with soap and water will clean the thing) actually exist...

Unfortunately people like this (those who actually think that washing their laptop with soap and water will clean the thing) actually exist...

Yeah but not with 170+ posts on a tech forum they don't.

Yeah but not with 170+ posts on a tech forum they don't.

Who knows?

Oh I didn't now. Just wanted to bring a giggle to the forum on this Monday.

Next time, try to hold out for longer and give more stupid explanations for what you did. :D

who cares...

• 3 weeks later...

I think it's because unfortunately this is actually somewhat believable.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*