Guide On How to Increase Airflow in Enthoo Luxe/Pro

CurlyCucumber

Hey there everyone!

I'm going to give some quick tips on how to increase your airflow in the Enthoo Luxe/Pro.

I know most intermediate/experienced PC builders will already knows these things. This guide is more aimed towards some people who just got the case and their GPU is having some temperature issues.

Tip #1: Remove one of the drive cages/All the drive cages.

•  This is an obvious one. The cages will restrict a lot of the intake flow from the fan in front. Being a 200mm fan, it doesn't have the greatest static pressure, meaning it has a hard time getting through those cages. If you can, take at least the bottom one out. If you're using solely SSD's, take out both and install the SSD's on the brackets behind the motherboard tray. We're going to want the airflow as unrestricted as possible.

Tip #2: Remove the 200mm fan and install two 140mm fans.

• I actually just did this yesterday. If you are experiencing abnormally high temps on your GPU, this could be due to a lack of "fresh air", so to speak. The 200mm fan that comes pre-installed does not supply enough air to the GPU, due to it's nature of not having a direct, channeled airflow. If you install say, two NF-A14 fans to the front intake, you should experience dramatic temperature drops. Personally, my R9 390 dropped 15+ Celsius when I installed the two 140mm fans, vs. the 200mm fan. I will detail how to get to your 200mm fan in the topic below. 

Tip #3: Make sure you keep those dust filters cleaned!

• Obviously the top and bottom covers are easy to get at, but the front intake filter will be the one gathering the majority of the dust, and is the most difficult to get at. This filter will become very clogged with dust if not kept clean. This will severely reduce the air intake, causing a rise of temperature. To get at the front filter, you must first take out the bottom fan filter under where the HDD cages are. This is easily slid out, and can be easily slid back in once done. When you've got it out, grab under the front panel; you will feel a little ledge that you can get a firm grip on. Once you're ready, pull towards you, popping the front panel off. This requires a bit of force. I've found quickly tugging with a large amount of force will pop it off easily on the first try. Be wary of the cables that will be attached to the front panel. Look at the front panel from the inside, you should see a fan filter. Like any other filter, just pop it off and clean it up, then pop it back on, and you're good to go! Just snap that front panel back on and you're set.

• When your front panel is open, you'll be able to get at your 200mm fan to take it out and replace it with two 140mm fans if you desire. Just unscrew it, slide it out from the side panel, and install your 140mm fans.

If anyone has any other ways to improve airflow in these great cases, PM me! I'd be glad to add them to this list! Happy building!

My baby| CPU: Core i5-4690K  |  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  |  CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Plus |   Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | GPU: MSI R9 390  |  RAM: 16 GB - G.Skill Ripjaws X |

We brawlers are sustained by willpower, even if mocked as reckless and crazy! - Kamina

Tip #4

Make new holes for airflow.

-snip-

In all honesty this is a test @Slick should do to see how temps vary under load.

That would be sweet. I'd definitely be interested in what comes out of it. I noticed a dramatic difference. 

My baby| CPU: Core i5-4690K  |  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  |  CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Plus |   Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | GPU: MSI R9 390  |  RAM: 16 GB - G.Skill Ripjaws X |

We brawlers are sustained by willpower, even if mocked as reckless and crazy! - Kamina

That would be sweet. I'd definitely be interested in what comes out of it. I noticed a dramatic difference. 

Well, if we can compare temps in a case vs temps on an open air test bench, the "more holes" strategy should give results somewhere between the two extremes.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.